1 reply to this topic

#1 BRIAN FLEMING

BRIAN FLEMING

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:14 AM

Chapter 9

I purchased Head First jQuery specifically for the example in chapter 9, and I can not get it to work. I copied all the example code and folders from the website and uploaded it to my GoDaddy host.

The problem is that even though I have data in the database the code is pointing to, I can not get any of the runners to show up when I click the Start Page Updates button.

My debugging efforts has convinced me that the service.php is not being called. For instance, I can click the Add Runners button on the form with all entry fields empty, and there is no "Please enter a first and last name" error message.
Also I can tell it to connect to a completly bogus data base, and there is no can not connect error.

The javascript is working, but the PHP just seems to do nothing.

Previously I purchased their Head First PHP & MySQL book and followed the examples and am able to write to the SQL database via PHP with no problem.

Any help from any of you people who are smarter than me, out there in answerland would be very much appreciated.

Cheers,
Brian Fleming
ve7xet@telus.net

Edited by BRIAN FLEMING, 21 August 2014 - 10:16 AM.

#2 BRIAN FLEMING

BRIAN FLEMING

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 06:26 AM

I ran a little test last night. I renamed the service.php file to something else to make it nonexistant, and then opened the index.html in the browser and clicked the add runners button. As before, nothing happened, and it did not even give me a file not found error, which it should have. Any ideas?

<form id="addRunner" name="addRunner" action="service.php" method="POST">

Edited by BRIAN FLEMING, 22 August 2014 - 06:28 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users