O'Reilly Forums: 1st Edition Vs 2nd Edition? - O'Reilly Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1st Edition Vs 2nd Edition?

#1 User is offline   Michael McKerrell 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Website, App, Game and Software Development, Graphic Design, Music, Entertainment, Languages, Meteorology, Horticulture.

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:26 AM

Which book should I start with in regards to starting with either (HTML with CSS and XHTML) or (HTML and CSS)?

Is the 2nd edition HTML and CSS) more relevant than the 1st edition (HTML with XHTML and CSS)?

Is there any point in reading the first edition?

Thanks guys, I'm looking forward to your comments.........it will be much appreciated. :)

M.M

#2 User is offline   Beth Robson 

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: O'Reilly Employee
  • Interests:I am interested in computer science, the Web, social media and the internet, Mac development, and adult learning.

Posted 04 June 2014 - 08:02 AM

The 2nd edition is slightly more relevant, mostly in terms of replacing the XHTML stuff with some of the new HTML5 elements (e.g. section, article, nav).

However, 90% of the first edition is still very relevant! Just ignore the chapter on XHTML.

Hope that helps.

Elisabeth
Elisabeth Robson
Co-founder, WickedlySmart.com
Author: Head First JavaScript Programming, Head First HTML5 Programming, Head First HTML and CSS, Head First Design Patterns

#3 User is offline   Chris Harper Triplett 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 October 2014 - 09:26 AM

I have the first edition and going through the exercises. They reference using the source files for the book located at http://www.headfirstlabs.com but I can not locate the files. For example on page 45 of the first edition it references where to find source files available for the exercises. Are these files still available on the website?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users