Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Pmp Study Material Review

#1 User is offline   Scopra72 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 May 2014 - 07:27 AM

After having purchasing and reviewed the following material here is my honest appraisal

The Head First PMP Book Third edition ( I would read this one first )
(I wanted to give this book 5/5 because it so easy to read, but since it does not cover all the material 4 out 5 stars )
( Cost me $42 electronic download from Amazon)
Excellent material which provides a great point to start your study it is by far the easiest to read but it does NOT contain all of the formulas or material you will need if you are considering taking the PMP exam. You will need more than the HF book to cover all of the exam material despite claims in the book that certain formulas are all you will need to know this is simply not the case other topics are also not covered.

Microsoft PMP Study Kit by Sean Whitaker ( I would use this as my main study material (5 out 5 stars)
I highly recommend this book it is excellent material that is concise and fairly easy to read. Costs $44 electronic download from Amazon includes cd image)
Book also comes with a 400 question on the cd with answer and reviews as well as end of chapter questions. If you go to Sean's PMP study site he has the formula needed to pass the PMP exam for free. http://seanwhitaker.com/pmp-study/

PMP Prepcast videos ( Great material but expensive (4 out 5 stars )
Great material and very thorough but a little tedious. I thought Cornelius could of included more exam question or at least 200 ( only 175 included) with the material. I also thought the formula sheets should be included in the price of $179. However you have the option of purchasing the formula sheet for an additional fee ($30) It would be fair to say I thought the formula sheet was a bit of a money grab to be honest.
There is an option to purchase access to the online exam simulator which has a massive database of 1800Q so it is very comprehensive. This will cost you $99 if you purchase access to the simulator separately or an additional $50 on top of the $179 you pay for the Prepcast if you purchase them together. ) Purchasing the the Prepcast entitles you to take a basic test to obtain your 35 contact hours which you will need to have before applying for the PMP exam.

PMP certification all in one for Dummies second edition book (3.5 out 5)
( Cost me $22 when Oreilly had their 50% off sale.)
Great material but the book by Sean Whitaker is easier to read and in a much better format.
There is an exam at the end of the book with end of chapter question as well. There are also cheat sheets on their site for study purposes.

I hope this helps anyone considering taking the PMP exam.
Good luck to all.

This post has been edited by Scopra72: 22 May 2014 - 07:36 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users