O'Reilly Forums: Link To Errata Page For Wpf Pdf Shows An Error! - O'Reilly Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Link To Errata Page For Wpf Pdf Shows An Error! Re. HFC# 3rd Edn

#1 User is offline   DavidJW 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 May 2014 - 09:20 AM

Errata link at bottom of page 3 of WPF pdf when clicked (from the pdf page) shows an error. (page not available) Tried several options. I would like to know if there are any mistakes in the 'Save the Humans´project before I progress too far. I have tried various links on oreilly's site to get the errata to no avail.

#2 User is offline   AndrewStellman 

• Andrew Stellman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: O'Reilly Author
  • Interests:Author of: "Head First C#", "Beautiful Teams", "Head First PMP", "Applied Software Project Management"

Posted 08 May 2014 - 07:36 AM

Sorry, my bad -- I pasted the 'authors only' link in there, which will give you an error if you're not in their authors system. There's no separate errata page for the PDF, it all goes into the same errata page linked in the post at the top of this forum.

There are no known mistakes in the "Save the Humans" project in either the book or the PDF. I've talked to many people who have done the project successfully (both in the book and the PDF) and did not run into any issues. Every problem I have seen so far could be traced back to the reader missing or misreading an instruction. And if you run into any problems, you can download the source code and paste it into Visual Studio.

(As far as I know, there's only one piece of code in the first printing of the book that doesn't compile. There was a copy/paste error that left an errant ", target" in the XAML at the very end of Chapter 14. This was fixed in the second printing.)
Andrew Stellman
Author, Head First C#
Building Better Software -- http://www.stellman-greene.com

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users