O'Reilly Forums: Thanks To This Book My First App Is In The Windows Store - O'Reilly Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Thanks To This Book My First App Is In The Windows Store

#1 User is offline   Raymii 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 April 2014 - 09:51 AM

I know I'm running the risk of sounding cheesy, but I really wanted to thank the authors of this book. I had hardly any coding experience when I started (a little BASIC back from the C64 days) and now I can proudly say: My first app passed certification and is now available in the Windows Store. I had a lot of fun on the way. And althoughI learned with the second edition which came out before Windows 8, it still brought me to a level where it was pretty easy to fill in the gaps about Windows Store apps and XAML from other sources.

So again: THANK YOU!

In case anybody is interested: The game's name is PikBlu and it is available in the Windows Store here
(Disclaimer: The graphics were done by a fried of mine, can't take the credit for those ;-)

Has anybody else released a Windows Store app yet? Please post, I'd love to take a look too.

#2 User is offline   AndrewStellman 

• Andrew Stellman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: O'Reilly Author
  • Interests:Author of: "Head First C#", "Beautiful Teams", "Head First PMP", "Applied Software Project Management"

Posted 19 April 2014 - 05:55 AM

Thanks so much for posting that! It really made my day. I downloaded your game -- it's fun!
Andrew Stellman
Author, Head First C#
Building Better Software -- http://www.stellman-greene.com

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users