The reason why most of the developers prefer developing applications for iOS, is the rich user interface that Apple offers with its iOS libraries, and the on board hardware specifications. The developers, thus, are provided with a platform where they can fully exploit the hardware capabilities of the iPad, iPhone, and the iPod Touch, through their apps.
The key features of iOS application development are:
1. Objective C: It drives all the development activities for iOS. This is the backbone of iOS app development, because entire coding is done with this programming language.
2. Cocoa Touch: It is a programming framework, on the lines of which, a programmer designs and defines the user interface of the app.
3. Graphics: iOS is all about the graphics. Thus in order to create stunning graphics, developers must encode their programs accordingly, so as to harness the amazing rendering capabilities that the device offers.
4. Setup: You only have to download the Xcode and the iOS Software Development Kit (SDK), both of which are available on the Mac App Store, free of cost.
The Tools available at your disposal include:
• Xcode IDE
• iOS Simulator
• Source Editor
• GUI Editor, etc
Once you are done with installing the setup, follow the steps mentioned below:
• Learn the basic programming OOPS concepts, and Objective-C programming language.
• Learn about the latest Cocoa Touch framework
• Learn to use the Xcode IDE.
Now, let us come to the development part. Apple has released a tool called “Interface Builder”. It allows developers to design the user interface visually. All that is needed is the drag and drop of features such as buttons, bars, labels, etc, on to the app frames. In its earlier days, the iOS app development didn’t use to come with such an easy option of creating interfaces, but the developers had to encode every component by using the UIkit code. So, just to strengthen your iOS app development foundations, it is advisable to learn UIKit code as well. Apple has also provided an “iOS Human Interface Guidelines” paper, go through it once, to make sure that your app’s user interface is upto the mark.
Apart from the interface, coding is the crucial part for the app. Make sure your code blocks aligns with the iOS framework. Also, learn about all the APIs that Apple has to offer, it’ll not only make you aware about all the great hardware features you can use, but also make coding easier, because all you need to do is to just call the required function.
Once you are done with the design and development of the application, release it in the developer’s community, through your Apple Developer Account, for testing.Esatech Systems, a software company based in Kolkata, India is providing leading-edge solutions for companies in Mobile Apps development.
For details please visit at : http://www.esatechsy...hrough-ios-apps
Edited by Esatech, 09 April 2014 - 01:27 AM.