• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Project Selection Formula PV-NPV-IRR-EVA

#1 User is offline   aljhmi 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 March 2014 - 05:29 AM

Hi,

I just finished reading HF PMP book and It's a great book and I finished the PMBOK book also there is a big difference, HF book is clear and easy to understand.
Now I start study for the exam and I use also Rita book 8th because my PMP instructor told my about it, but when I read it I found some subjects that I didn't find in HF book and the PMBOK, like Project Selection formula (present value- net present value- internal rate for return etc.) what are these things?!
Are they will coming in the exam or Rita book added them for more information?
I hope you people could help me a lot :)
thank you

Bandar

#2 User is offline   kkovalic 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:01 AM

All of these (NPV, FV, IRR, Depreciation) used to be part of the PMBOK Guide, albeit earlier editions. They have since been pulled-out as of the 5th edition. This does NOT imply they will not be on the exam. My experience (PMP 10+ yrs) is that you cannot forget that the PMBOK Guide is just that, a guide, not the be all/end all book for project management. Having accepted that answer, it still does not definitively tell you what will be on the exam. Nothing does. No vendor is allowed to. To get a better understanding, get a copy of the PMP Examination Content Outline document.

Just to be sure, both Rita's 8th edition AND Head First PMP 3rd edition both talk about all of these topics. Page 2 of the PMBOK Guide even states "...continues to evolve along with the profession, and is therefore not all-inclusive"

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users