O'Reilly Forums: Need Help - O'Reilly Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Need Help

#1 User is offline   farhad.uet 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:programming,databases,cricket,hanging out with friends....

Posted 13 February 2014 - 05:55 AM

hi everyone.... i have just started head first programming ...i told one of my friend and he said that these books are not in detai and hence these (head first books ) donot cover depth...i,e the material in these books is no in detail..so what should i do either i stick with these books or should i also try some more books along with these books...plz guide me ....thnx

#2 User is offline   Stroodle88 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:• Guitar
    • mountain biking
    • learning Python
    • digital trading-card games
    • karaoke

Posted 13 February 2014 - 08:00 AM

farhad.uet said:

1392299754[/url]' post='117598']
hi everyone.... i have just started head first programming ...i told one of my friend and he said that these books are not in detai and hence these (head first books ) donot cover depth...i,e the material in these books is no in detail..so what should i do either i stick with these books or should i also try some more books along with these books...plz guide me ....thnx

Hi there,
That's correct, the Head First series is designed as an introductary series. If you know nothing about programming, then this is a good book to start from. If you are familiar with programming concepts, terminology, and are starting to think like a programmer, than perhaps you'll need something more advanced. Either way, it's not realistic to expect one book has the answer to all your questions. You should expect to have to go through multiple books to learn a topic, right?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users