O'Reilly Forums: Windows 7 User: Should I Buy The 3. Or Betther The 2. Edition? - O'Reilly Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Windows 7 User: Should I Buy The 3. Or Betther The 2. Edition?

#1 User is offline   Okal2 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:04 AM

Hi,

I'm a Windows 7 User and i don't like Windows 8 with all the Metro stuff and "apps" and so...
In my country i can still buy the 3. and the older 2. Edition of the Head First C# Book. The 3. Edition is using Visual Studio 2012 and contains topics about "apps" and "windows (8) store"....I don't like this Windows 8 stuff.....The 2. Edition is using Visual Studio 2010 which looks more Windows 7.

Which Edition should i buy?

Has the 2. Edition a lo of big mistakes, so i should betther buy the 3. Edition?
Contains the 3. Edition really so much "Windows 8" and "apps" and "Metro" stuff? Or are this the significant minority and i should buy the 3. Edition?

#2 User is offline   AndrewStellman 

• Andrew Stellman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: O'Reilly Author
  • Interests:Author of: "Head First C#", "Beautiful Teams", "Head First PMP", "Applied Software Project Management"

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:32 AM

The second edition does not have mistakes. There were errors in the first edition in 2008, those were corrected many years ago.

But you should buy the third edition. You will learn 100% of the topics in the second edition, and also many, many other things. If you want to use it with an old version of Windows (Windows 7 or earlier), you'll also need to download a PDF that has a replacement for chapter 1 and five pages of chapter 2 (then you don't use the PDF again for hundreds of pages, until chapter 10).
Andrew Stellman
Author, Head First C#
Building Better Software -- http://www.stellman-greene.com

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users