• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:• Guitar
    • mountain biking
    • learning Python
    • digital trading-card games
    • karaoke

Posted 26 January 2014 - 02:54 PM

Working through Page 183 of the book and expected to find the transactions.txt file already formatted to use from here or here. I see the transactions.py file listed, but not the .txt file. Should I create and format the .txt file myself for this example?

Thanks!

#2 User is offline   #TM# 

• PipPip

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:25 AM

View PostStroodle88, on 26 January 2014 - 02:54 PM, said:

Working through Page 183 of the book and expected to find the transactions.txt file already formatted to use from here or here. I see the transactions.py file listed, but not the .txt file. Should I create and format the .txt file myself for this example?

Thanks!

Dear Stroodle88,

The "transactions.txt" file will be created automatically when you run the program.
So, no need to worry B) :)

#3 User is offline   farhad.uet 

• Pip
  • Interests:programming,databases,cricket,hanging out with friends....

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:18 PM

hi everyone.... i have just started head first programming ...i told one of my friend and he said that these books are not in detai and hence these (head first books ) donot cover depth...i,e the material in these books is no in detail..so what should i do either i stick with these books or should i also try some more books along with these books...plzadvice me ....thnx

#4 User is offline   #TM# 

• PipPip

Posted 12 February 2014 - 06:04 PM

View Postfarhad.uet, on 12 February 2014 - 02:18 PM, said:

hi everyone.... i have just started head first programming ...i told one of my friend and he said that these books are not in detai and hence these (head first books ) donot cover depth...i,e the material in these books is no in detail..so what should i do either i stick with these books or should i also try some more books along with these books...plzadvice me ....thnx

@farhad.uet

Hi farhad.uet,
That all depends on what you are up to and the depth of knowledge you have in that area / study discipline.

Your friend is right but partially.
If you are new to the programming thing; then head first book is awesome. This book will teach you some good aspects of programming without the hassle of going to any computer science discipline. The best part is its step by step approach to learn. Obviously, you don't expect this book go in to depth of python programming (too hard for a very basic person B) )

If you already know programming or from a computer science background; then you should go for other books.
e.g., if you know C programming or something else and want to learn python, then you can read the book "Python programming for absolute beginners", "python documentations" etc.

Also, it is important how you are going to use the art of programming later in your life. I mean to say whether you want to learn it just for fun / curiosity / pass time or you are up to something.

I will tell you my story brother. May be it will help you.
"Head first programming" is one of the great programming books I have read during my B.Tech. years in computer science. This book increased my love and curiosity towards programming (especially python). Later on, I found that I have inclination towards both programming and the scientific disciplines Biology, Physics. So, I did my M.Tech. in Bioinformatics ( a branch of computer science where you apply your computer and engineering knowledge to biology ) from a top tier university in my country (JNU, New delhi, India). Now, after one year job, I am up to Ph.D. in a foreign university.

I use a lot of python (especially for GPU programming and high performance computing to model things and analyse very big data in biology) and I love it; especially when guys and girls ;) from biological background ask me to help or teach them to program or analyse something.

Hope it will help you Bro...

:) B)

This post has been edited by #TM#: 12 February 2014 - 07:10 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users