Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Windows Phone Deployment Error?

#1 User is offline   SeanL_18360 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 06:15 PM

Hey, I don't know if you'll be able to help me, because Google/Bing sure couldn't, but I figured it's worth a shot. When I try debugging a WP application, I get this error: "Exception from HRESULT: 0x89721500."

I tried uninstalling, reinstalling, repairing VS/SDK, but I didn't have any luck. The only suggestion I haven't tried is reinstalling Windows, and I'd like to avoid that... lol

Thank you for your time,
Sean

#2 User is offline   AndrewStellman 

• Andrew Stellman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: O'Reilly Author
  • Interests:Author of: "Head First C#", "Beautiful Teams", "Head First PMP", "Applied Software Project Management"

Posted 27 January 2014 - 07:12 PM

Sorry to see that problem. The first thing to check is that Hyper-V is enabled. We have an info box about that on page 833:

The Windows Phone Emulator requires Hyper-V

Hyper-V is the virtualization technology for Windows 8, butnot every CPU or edition of Windows 8 can run Hyper-V.Microsoft has this guide to help you get it up and running:

http://msdn.microsof...p/jj863509.aspx

Hyper-V will run on a virtual machine hosted inside VMWare, VirtualBox,Parallels, or another virtualization product if your processor supports it. You’ll need to consult your VM software documentation or supportwebsite for details (you may need to enable an option like “nested virtualmachines” or “virtualize VT-x or AMD-V” to make it work).

Also, I believe that Windows 8 Pro supports Hyper-V, not the non-pro version of Windows 8. The VS2012 installer will still install on Windows 8 that's not Pro. Not sure what Windows 7 versions support Hyper-V.

You probably already saw this: http://connect.micro...sult-0x89721500 -- and you probably already checked that you're running the latest VS2012 update and that your OS is up to date, but double-check just in case.

I hope this helps!
Andrew Stellman
Author, Head First C#
Building Better Software -- http://www.stellman-greene.com

#3 User is offline   ozboz 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 February 2014 - 12:02 PM

Mr. Stellman,

I am very pleased with your book, but it seems that WP8 app - "BeeAttack" has something wrongly written. I have tried to copy-paste and rewrite all your codes but they didn't work in the end. I also asked for a second oppinion, aka another person to repeat the steps from the book: same result.

Please check it out and see if there is anything wrong.

Regards!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users