Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3rd Edition - Inconsistencies

#1 User is offline   GreenMotion 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 12:23 PM

I finally got my hands on the 3rd edition yesterday after having had it on order since 2012. A bummer it's been taking so long to get released, but happy I finally got it.

I'm about 40 pages into the book now, trying to following all the examples and assignments, but have already found many inconsistencies. For someone who has done iphone/ipad development before, those are probably easily overlooked. In my case, being completely new to iOS development, I am paying very close attention to the verbiage and screenshots. Questioning/Analyzing everything, these inconsistencies can be very confusing.

To give you an example - this is just a minor inconsistency - but on page 46 you are instructing the reader to set the textview to <your message here>, while the screenshot on the next page shows <your tweet here>. This one was obvious, but there are many of such inconsistencies. On this same page for instance, one illustration has an arrow that states "Center the text too, it'll look better". Unfortunately the arrow is pointing to a button that is obfuscated by the font pop-up window.

#2 User is offline   Emmalina 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 March 2014 - 12:06 AM

Hi, I really wanna say Congradulations to you! I am reading the book too. By a mistake, I am actually using the first version, really old, it is based on Xcode3.1. And I am using Xcode 5.0.1. There are tons of differences. Right now I am reading Chapter5, about Page230. While, sometimes it is really difficult to solve those expected errors, but it also gives me a lot deeper thinking which is good to understand how the code works.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users