O'Reilly Forums: Head First Html And Css 2nd Edition Chapter 12 - O'Reilly Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Head First Html And Css 2nd Edition Chapter 12 Only completed files supplied

#1 User is offline   Nzafiris 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:50 PM

I feel like I'm going crazy, but it seems that only the completed HTML and CSS files were supplied for this chapter. Or at least much further on in the chapter than I've gotten.

I suppose I could just create new index, blog and css files to reflect where I'm at in the chapter but I can't help but feel files are missing.

#2 User is offline   Beth Robson 

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: O'Reilly Employee
  • Interests:I am interested in computer science, the Web, social media and the internet, Mac development, and adult learning.

Posted 06 January 2014 - 04:24 PM

You can use the files from Chapter 11 to continue with Chapter 12.

All the files are in github here: https://github.com/b...Head-First-HTML

Hope that helps!

Elisabeth
Elisabeth Robson
Co-founder, WickedlySmart.com
Author: Head First JavaScript Programming, Head First HTML5 Programming, Head First HTML and CSS, Head First Design Patterns

#3 User is offline   Nzafiris 

• Pip

Posted 06 January 2014 - 04:35 PM

That's what I did. I think it was pretty obvious to do so but my brain was just fried at that point so it was a good time to quit. for the evening ;0)

Thanks, Elizabeth.

Nick

View PostBeth Robson, on 06 January 2014 - 04:24 PM, said:

You can use the files from Chapter 11 to continue with Chapter 12.

All the files are in github here: https://github.com/b...Head-First-HTML

Hope that helps!

Elisabeth

#4 User is offline   Susanh_34603 

• Pip

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:04 AM

View PostNzafiris, on 05 January 2014 - 06:50 PM, said:

I feel like I'm going crazy, but it seems that only the completed HTML and CSS files were supplied for this chapter. Or at least much further on in the chapter than I've gotten.

I suppose I could just create new index, blog and css files to reflect where I'm at in the chapter but I can't help but feel files are missing.

Hi

No you are not going crazy the files to download do not match the chapters in the book. I have been using this book for a number of editions I am now using the HTML and CSS 2nd edition but it is like the files match the older edition. Just looking at chapter 11 in the downloaded files there are no files for the starbuzz coffee site only for the lounge. To be honest it is a right mess and I wish the writers or publishers would sort out the files and put the correct files for the right chapters up on the web. Come on Head First get your Heads together!

#5 User is offline   Beth Robson 

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: O'Reilly Employee
  • Interests:I am interested in computer science, the Web, social media and the internet, Mac development, and adult learning.

Posted 25 June 2014 - 07:02 PM

View PostSusanh_34603, on 12 June 2014 - 05:04 AM, said:

To be honest it is a right mess and I wish the writers or publishers would sort out the files and put the correct files for the right chapters up on the web. Come on Head First get your Heads together!

Not sure what you mean; all the files for both the lounge and starbuzz are available for chapter 11:

https://github.com/b...aster/chapter11

Hope that helps!

Elisabeth
Elisabeth Robson
Co-founder, WickedlySmart.com
Author: Head First JavaScript Programming, Head First HTML5 Programming, Head First HTML and CSS, Head First Design Patterns

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users