O'Reilly Forums: Andrew Stellman & Jennifer Greene - O'Reilly Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Andrew Stellman & Jennifer Greene Great Work

#1 User is offline   Jayware33 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Programming, Classical Music, Sports Science, Piano, Guitar, Cars, Business, Money

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:50 AM

B)

Just wanted to write a post to say fantastic work on the 3rd edition of the book. It's helped me understanding programming on a whole different level.

I make a living as a programmer and have visions of starting my own ltd company developing games and apps with some friends. Even though I have picked up some programming on job, this book really has helped me understand programming in a fun way as opposed to most (99%) of other programming books. Those other books (if you're lucky enough not to pick up a reference manual) teach you programming in a rather dull, boring manner using boring maths and dry examples. I quickly found myself drifting off however; I came upon this series of books and wow! Learning to code by making games, great work! Infact, it's genius. Finally, a fun approach to learning code. You learn so many core concepts of object oriented programming without even knowing it; you're too busy having fun making cool stuff and then later in life when you are asked to program something it all comes back to you and suddenly you have a head start on the other guys.

It's also great to see more color in this 3rd edition as I find a little bit of color in the PDF's goes a long way and makes it more appealing too.

Starting my own company is a bit away yet however; getting solid knowledge from these books and churning out quality games has really set me on a strong path and built a great foundation.

Thanks for the effort and for publishing this material; awesome!

John

This post has been edited by Jayware33: 30 December 2013 - 10:56 AM

"Aim to be on top in life because it's at the bottom where it's over-crowded".

#2 User is offline   AndrewStellman 

• Andrew Stellman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: O'Reilly Author
  • Interests:Author of: "Head First C#", "Beautiful Teams", "Head First PMP", "Applied Software Project Management"

Posted 01 January 2014 - 07:55 AM

Thanks so much for posting that! It really made my day.
Andrew Stellman
Author, Head First C#
Building Better Software -- http://www.stellman-greene.com

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users