O'Reilly Forums: Which Head First Book To Read After "head First Html And Css"? - O'Reilly Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Which Head First Book To Read After "head First Html And Css"?

#1 User is offline   gamefreakdudes 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:28 AM

Hi,
I am fairly new to web development but very keen to learn and explore new things. My brother is a professional graphics designer who is attempting hard effort to get efficient in web designing. For the purpose of teaming up with him in the near future, i decided to study HTML & CSS and undoubtedly, Head First HTML & CSS (2nd edition) was my primary choice as a beginner's guide to the web world. I am about to finish it within a week, but feeling fairly confused which route to take after this. I have a lot of time to learn something new as fast as i can, and will keep practicing HTML & CSS along with since the book covers only basics.

Out of the following options, suggest me the order i should be reading them after i finish HTML & CSS:
Head First HTML5 Programming
Head First Java Script
Head First JQuery
Head First PHP & MySql
Head First Wordpress

#2 User is offline   Beth Robson 

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: O'Reilly Employee
  • Interests:I am interested in computer science, the Web, social media and the internet, Mac development, and adult learning.

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:42 PM

Hi,
Obviously I'm a bit biased :-) but I'd recommend JavaScript next. I'd definitely read a JavaScript book before getting into Head First HTML5 Programming: we try to teach a little JavaScript at the front of the book, but honestly it's not really enough. Eric and I are currently working on a new Head First JavaScript Programming book, which you could wait for (or sign up for the early access), or you could go with the existing (but a little dated Head First JavaScript book).

After that jQuery is a great way to go for more client-side development, and of course, PHP & MySQL if you want to venture into writing back-end scripts.

Elisabeth
Elisabeth Robson
Co-founder, WickedlySmart.com
Author: Head First JavaScript Programming, Head First HTML5 Programming, Head First HTML and CSS, Head First Design Patterns

#3 User is offline   gamefreakdudes 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:56 PM

View PostBeth Robson, on 04 December 2013 - 04:42 PM, said:

Hi,
Obviously I'm a bit biased :-) but I'd recommend JavaScript next. I'd definitely read a JavaScript book before getting into Head First HTML5 Programming: we try to teach a little JavaScript at the front of the book, but honestly it's not really enough. Eric and I are currently working on a new Head First JavaScript Programming book, which you could wait for (or sign up for the early access), or you could go with the existing (but a little dated Head First JavaScript book).

After that jQuery is a great way to go for more client-side development, and of course, PHP & MySQL if you want to venture into writing back-end scripts.

Elisabeth

Thank you very much! I'll buy a Head First Java Script book right away. :) Cheers!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users