• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 feros

feros

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 02:49 PM

I'm trying to build the distribution on page 41 in windows 7 and to be blunt I have no idea what I'm doing and am completely lost.

Along with Python shell I tried opening cmd.exe because that's the only program I know of in windows that uses command lines. In both I typed

C:\Python32\python.exe setup.py sdist

Neither worked, In python shell I got

SyntaxError: invalid syntax

and in cmd.exe I got

c:\Python32\python.exe: can't open file 'setup.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory

I'm not sure what else to do since I've never really used command lines before in anything and am lost.

#2 feros

feros

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:09 AM

I learned how to make the distribution in DOS using the cd command. I have the nester-1.0.0.zip file in the Python32\dist folder but am now completely baffled as to how to install it. I basically keep getting errors saying that my files have not been found.

The nester-1.0.0.zip is in Python32\dist, python.exe is in the Python32 folder, my 2 nester.py and setup.py files are in Python32\hfp\ch2\nester folder and I think that the install command that's shown on page 41 refers to Python32\Lib\disutils\command\install.py.

I have no idea how to pull these together and install the nester-1.0.0.zip and be able to use it.

Edited by feros, 24 July 2013 - 11:31 AM.

#3 feros

feros

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:29 AM

I checked the distribution file more closely and found that it was not complete. When trying to build it there were errors surrounding the sdist command. My attempts to address this by going to the python32/Lib/distutils/command folder didn't fix the problem. I have a screenshot showing everything here.

Posted Image

The nester-1.0.0.zip file also only contained 2 files shown here.

Posted Image

#4 paulbarry

paulbarry

Advanced Member

• O'Reilly Author
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:22 AM

Please see: http://forums.oreill...864#entry113864

--Paul.

#5 aguilar8788@yahoo.com

aguilar8788@yahoo.com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:16 PM

I am having a problem with creating a distribution. I got everything to operate successfully in the terminal, and the proper folders have been created. However, when I try to import the module it is giving me the error that no such module exists. It is driving me crazy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users