• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Ridhwanul Haque

Ridhwanul Haque

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:26 PM

I did download AndFTP in my android and did install it and did do the work in server settings. But when I try to connect it nothing appears. It just shows a black screen. What should i do? I can't even understand what is the problem.

#2 paulbarry

paulbarry

Advanced Member

• O'Reilly Author
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:22 AM

Sorry you are having trouble. Can you provide more details about what's not happening... perhaps even a screenshot?

--Paul.

#3 Ridhwanul Haque

Ridhwanul Haque

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:40 AM

The main problem is that I am unable to connect the server. I can't find my host name. I think there might be mistake in the host name. Could there be a details way to do it.

#4 Ridhwanul Haque

Ridhwanul Haque

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:51 AM

please somebody help me. I am just stuck in that page..How do I take it to the android. Can someone explain me?? I need help .

#5 paulbarry

paulbarry

Advanced Member

• O'Reilly Author
  • 307 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:46 AM

If you are on Windows, open up a command window, and type "ipconfig" to display the IP address of your server computer. (To get to the command prompt, from the run menu, type CMD.EXE).

If you are on Mac OS X or Linux, open up a command window, and type "ifconfig" to display the IP address of your server computer.

Whichever IP address is displayed, enter that address into AnyFTP (in the first input box).

--Paul.

#6 Ridhwanul Haque

Ridhwanul Haque

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:15 PM

yeah I tried that, but still a black screen appears, what do I need to do with the SSH server on my computer, Do I have to do anything in that?
Please Help

#7 paulbarry

paulbarry

Advanced Member

• O'Reilly Author
  • 307 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 03:01 AM

It sounds like a connectivity problem, as opposed to a problem with AnyFTP.

Make sure your SSH server is configured to accept all connections (sometimes, they are set by default to initially accept no connections). Check the logs on your computer's SSH server to see if any connections are coming through. Make sure WiFi is switched to "on" on your phone. Be sure to switch off any firewall technology on your computer (as that can sometimes interfere with things, too). Try downloading a PING client to your phone to see if that can "connect/reach" your computer's IP address.

--Paul.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users