2 replies to this topic

#1 vjvanexel

vjvanexel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:13 PM

Dear All,

In Chapter 2 when I try to install the newly created nester module something goes wrong.
The regular command (for Win): "c:\python33\python.exe setup.py install" fails to create a module (no build folder and no nester.pyc in the nester folder). Instead this command only produces the following status messages:

c:\python33\lib\distutils\dist.py:257: UserWarning: Unknown distribution option: 'pymodules'
warnings.warn(msg)
running install
running build
running install_egg_info
Writing c:\python33\Lib\site-packages\nester-1.0.0-py3.3.egg-info

Why does this fail to create the complete nester module?

I don't think this is causing the problem, but (FYI) I have both Python 3.3 and Python 2.6 installed on my Windows PC. I am teaching myself Python using 3.3, but I need the old version to extend the functionality in ESRI's ArcGIS.

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

#2 paulbarry

paulbarry

Advanced Member

• O'Reilly Author
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:16 AM

The bahaviour of this distribution functionality has changed a little since the book went to print, especially on the Windows platform. That's the bad news. The good news is that what you've done has successfully installed the module into your local release of Python 3.3 - you can check this by running the shell (with c:\python33\python.exe) and entering "import nester" at the >>> prompt. If all is well, the >>> prompt will reappear with no errors or warnings.

Now... one thing to note. The Python 2.6 platform on your PC is completely independent of your 3.3 one. Installing modules into one platform does *not* make it available in the other.

Hope this helps.

--Paul.

#3 nats__38451

nats__38451

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:29 AM

hello,

i have got a problem too with this example.. i tried typed in " (with c:\python33\python.exe) and entering "import schachtler" but i got an error message:
File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: No module named 'schachtler'

can somebody help me?

greetings

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users