Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:33 PM
These questions are from a mock test, but I couldn't quite agree with their answer and explanations. Any expert advice would be greatly appreciated.
58. A pharmaceutical company recently terminated a research project because it no longer seems commercially viable for the company. What is the FIRST thing the project manager should do?
A. Release the team members
B. Document the lessons learned
C. Conduct scope verification
D. Discuss with senior manager the reason for abrupt project termination
36. Which one of the following is the last step of project closing?
A. Archive Project Documents
B. Measure customer satisfaction at the end of the project
C. Client appreciates your product
D. Lessons learnt are documented
60. A firm providing outsourced product development facilities wants to implement a new business process which aims to improve customer satisfaction and retention. For this purpose, it has identified a task team with an objective to introduce and train the employees on the new process and further improvise until the customer satisfaction index increases by 15%. This entire exercise can be best classified as?
103. A project manager is in the final closure phase of the project . Which of the following should he do FIRST as part of the project closure activity?
A. Get formal sign off from the customer to confirm customer acceptance of final deliverable
B. Measure customer satisfaction as a key performance indicator of project's success
C. Hand off completed project deliverables to operations and management
D. Measure project scope against project management plan
106. A project manager has made a major release in the project. The customer comes back a week after the release saying that he is not entirely satisfied with the deliverable. What should the project manager do NEXT?
A. Continue with the next deliverable as needs to finish the project on time
B. Talk to the senior manager to discuss the customer concern and resolution
C. Ensure that next deliverables has enough features which customer would like to have to exceed his expectations
D. Do a scope verification of this deliverable to check if it satisfies project objectives
154. You are a project manager for an IT company in the final phases of project execution. Your project status is well within the budget and you are almost a week ahead of your schedule. During the final testing phase of the project, you realize that the performance of the product can be increased by almost 20% of the expected value by doing minor code changes in two modules. This change would require an additional 2 days of work. What should you do NEXT?
A. Analyze the various alternatives and do a detailed impact analysis before proceeding with the change
B. Update the change management form and send it to change control board for consideration
C. Discuss the change and impact with customer and seek his approval
D. Ignore the change as it is gold plating and should be avoided
161. Your firm awarded a cost reimbursable contract to a pharmaceutical company for some research related activity. Over time, a large number of changes have taken place on the project and it is difficult to keep track of the status of these change requests. What is the BEST alternative for a project manager in this case?
A. Terminate the existing contract and negotiate a new one with the seller
B. Capture all the change requests, along with their current status and follow the contract change control system
C. Terminate the existing contract and sign a similar one based on the same terms and conditions as the earlier one
D. Seek advice from the senior management of your organization
168. A project manager has made the final delivery to the customer and the team is in the process of completing administrative and contract closure. The team has also completed the final version of the lessons learned in corporate database. Which of the following is a critical activity that the project manager should complete before formally closing the project?
A. Confirm that all the requirements in the project are met
B. Ensure that all project management processes are complete
C. Obtain formal sign-off of the project from the customer
D. Index and archive the project records
189. You are managing a critical project with frequent changes in requirements. You are in the testing phase of the project and the customer has requested an additional new feature. You have assessed the impact of the change on the triple constraints with your team. What should be your NEXT step?
A. Raise a change request form and send it for approval to change control board
B. Look for alternative options including schedule compression techniques like crashing and fast tracking
C. Analyze the impact of the change on project quality objectives and quality planning
D. Update the project management plans and other project documents including project baselines