O'Reilly Forums: Chapter 2 - Still Stuck, No Error No Data Insertion - O'Reilly Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Chapter 2 - Still Stuck, No Error No Data Insertion suggestion to speed up things up

#1 User is offline   wedge_22661 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:25 PM

Okay, I've tried ,at least I think I did, all of the previous suggestions in different variations. I used mysql and mysqli, I've inserted "or die('Error querying database.');"
etc. and still get no error message and no data is being added to the database through php. Only by way of a manual INSERT command will it insert data. So, what I was wondering was, could someone just post the code as it should be written with all the new additions and such. That way we could eliminate the possibility of typos, missing quotes, and other mistakes, and just move on from that point. btw I'm using windows 7, apache 2.2.22 x86 nossl, php 5.3.20 VC9-x86, and mysql 5.5.28.3

#2 User is offline   wedge_22661 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:40 PM

Ok, nevermind. Got WAMPserver installed, as suggested by others, and the script in the book runs just fine, as is. None of the changes mentioned in other posts were even necessary. Only problem is with httpd configuration and or php.ini file in most cases.

So, IF you can get WAMP installed correctly, dump all of your files in C:\wamp\www, click on the local host icon in the task bar, and run everything from there. Runs just fine, as is. wow. : )))

Next step, maybe once my brain becomes unfrazzled from reading all the various forums and suggestions from google about how to manually set up a wamp stack, will be to compare the WAMPserver files to the numerous other suggestions and see how they differ from one another. Gotta' keep tryin'. : )

This post has been edited by wedge_22661: 20 January 2013 - 02:41 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users