Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Chapters 11 & 12

#1 User is offline   Debbie81249 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:57 AM

Has anyone else run into a lot of confusion finding files working files for the Starbuzz portion of Chapter 11 and the entirety of Chapter 12? I don't know if it's me, or if something needs to be clarified (i.e. if others are running into walls here too).

Would appreciate any suggestions about problems you may have run into ..... and how you solved them. They may be what's affecting me.

Thanks!

Debbie

#2 User is offline   Beth Robson 

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: O'Reilly Employee
  • Interests:I am interested in computer science, the Web, social media and the internet, Mac development, and adult learning.

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:33 PM

The key is to start chapter 12 with the "starbuzz-complete" files from chapter 11. You'll see in the CSS where you can remove the properties for the coupon etc. if you want.

If you start from these files, you should be good to go.
Elisabeth Robson
Co-founder, WickedlySmart.com
Author: Head First JavaScript Programming, Head First HTML5 Programming, Head First HTML and CSS, Head First Design Patterns

#3 User is offline   Debbie81249 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:05 PM

Thanks Beth. I think I'm figuring it out. I actually deleted the files that I had downloaded the first time and been working in....probably had errors that I'd added by now.

Downloaded all the files again and replaced Chapters 11 & 12 in my Head First File. Went back to the middle of Chapter 11 and re-working it. With the help you've given me, and what I think I figured out, I think I can work through. I wasn't even able to get the Chapter 11 stuff to work right before...so when I carried it forward, it failed.

I'll get it.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users