• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Chapter 12 Finding files

#1 User is offline   Debbie81249 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:40 PM

Beth....

I haven't a set of "working" HTML and CSS files for Chapters 11 & 12 (I'm still in 12, so I don't know if this continues). The only source code is the completed one (or "complete-all" from earlier chapters). The code is completed as it would be at the end of each of those two chapters.

Is the way it was intended? I'm finding my comprehension more difficult without the ability to key the source in myself and see the changes,....one thing that I was learning from that was the need to pay attention to detail..,.,,.or else code wouldn't work. Now, I have to try to visualize myself doing the changes. Making learning much more difficult.

Feedback from a self-teaching user: We really benefit from the "starting point" files in each chapter so that we can build on as we learn each concept.

Hoping that I find it again in Chapter 13.

Debbie

#2 User is offline   Beth Robson 

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: O'Reilly Employee
  • Interests:I am interested in computer science, the Web, social media and the internet, Mac development, and adult learning.

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:45 PM

We did include a starting file and a complete file.
If you look in the folder, chapter12, that you downloaded in the zip file, you'll see blog.html and blog-complete.html.

Elisabeth
Elisabeth Robson
Co-founder, WickedlySmart.com
Author: Head First JavaScript Programming, Head First HTML5 Programming, Head First HTML and CSS, Head First Design Patterns

#3 User is offline   Debbie81249 

• PipPip

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:01 PM

I found the Blog one. What I didn't find was a Chapter 12 index.html that wasn't already completed. Did I miss it? I only found the one that had everything done. The same with the css file. The only one with a "complete" (in my downloaded files) is the "blog.html".

Maybe I'm just missing seeing it.,

#4 User is offline   Beth Robson 

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: O'Reilly Employee
  • Interests:I am interested in computer science, the Web, social media and the internet, Mac development, and adult learning.

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:15 PM

There isn't a separate index.html - the "uncompleted" version is the same as the finished version from chapter 11, so just use that.
Elisabeth Robson
Co-founder, WickedlySmart.com
Author: Head First JavaScript Programming, Head First HTML5 Programming, Head First HTML and CSS, Head First Design Patterns

#5 User is offline   Debbie81249 

• PipPip

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:18 PM

I finally made that connection after your reply yesterday., I'm sorry that it didn't dawn on me sooner.

Thank you for your help. You've been great support as I've worked through the book.

Debbie

#6 User is offline   aggiekat 

• PipPip

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:52 PM

But WHERE is chapter 11/tabledisplay?? It's NOT ANYWHERE in the downloaded files!

#7 User is offline   aggiekat 

• PipPip

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:20 PM

View Postlemuel, on 28 January 2013 - 10:34 AM, said:

When I unzip this file:
http://wickedlysmart...s/hfhtmlcss.zip

there is a Chapter 11 folder containing a tabledisplay folder containing index.html, freecoffee.html, starbuzz.css and an images folder.

I'm downloading that file now...was that the "full set" of files? If so, that's what I downloaded, and there was nothing.

I'm on a Mac...what are you using?

#8 User is offline   aggiekat 

• PipPip

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:23 PM

Nope, I have no idea where you got that link.

The link that's on the download page is http://www.headfirst...HFHTML_code.zip

(not sure if it's just going to turn that into a link...if so, the file ends in HFHTML_code.zip. Yours is "hfhtmlcss.zip." Where did you find that one?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users