Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Xhtml Vs Html5 Questions about both

#1 User is offline   DrDick 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:37 AM

I recently finished HF HTML with CSS & XHTML. This book says that XHTML is the future. Now it appears that HTML 5 has emerged. Do I need to buy another book - say O'Reilly's HF HTML5?

#2 User is offline   Beth Robson 

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: O'Reilly Employee
  • Interests:I am interested in computer science, the Web, social media and the internet, Mac development, and adult learning.

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:18 PM

Indeed it does say that and back in 2005 when we wrote the book, it was. Now, as you note, HTML5 is the future.

We are publishing a 2nd edition of Head First HTML and CSS (no XHTML!) very soon, it should be out in August! But all the *core* stuff you learned in Head First HTML is still the same, so no worries; you are set up for HTML5 with just a few things to learn (and only a couple to unlearn). If you want to program in JavaScript next, then Head First HTML5 Programming is the next book you should pick up; it assumes you've read Head First HTML and CSS and you want to learn how to program the JavaScript APIs, like canvas, geolocation, web storage and so on. You'll also learn about the video element.

Hope that helps!!

Elisabeth
Elisabeth Robson
Co-founder, WickedlySmart.com
Author: Head First JavaScript Programming, Head First HTML5 Programming, Head First HTML and CSS, Head First Design Patterns

#3 User is offline   DrDick 

• PipPip

Posted 24 June 2012 - 12:28 PM

I didn't realize that HF's HTML&CSS is 7 years old. I would have bought it anyway, but I would not have been surprised by the subject of my last post. Nothing ever stays the same. BTW, as I write, my copy of HF's HTML5 Programming is in transit from Amazon.com.

#4 User is offline   Theonlyneo 

• Pip

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:13 AM

Hi, I'm new to the forums and wanted to say thanks!, I had the same question about HTML 5, people at work looked at me like I was made when I said XHTML was the future, I too wasn't aware the book was over five years old! great book, it's great to start learning something new :)

#5 User is offline   NickJohnson 

• PipPip

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:27 PM

HTML5 surely coming up as a future trend.... Developers are liking it and so as users. HTML5 gives the web pages the attractiveness and creativeness which a visitor want.....
http://www.expertsfromindia.com/html5-designer.htm

#6 User is offline   jsharrow 

• Pip

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:55 PM

Shoot, I have had HF HTML with CSS & XHTML for over a year and finally got around to working my way through the book. I just got to Chapter "7 moving to xhtml", should I put this book down and order the new one? or is what I'm learning still relevant? I don't want to waste time. Thank you!

#7 User is offline   petersmith5544 

• Pip

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:24 AM

XTML or Extensible Hyper Text Markup Language belongs to the family of XML markup languages reflects or extends to the versions of the popular HTML ( Hypertext Markup Language ), which is the language of websites .

HTML5 has been planned to include not only HTML 4, but XHTML 1 and DOM Level 2 HTML also. HTML5 has changed everything as it offers a large number of new features. Earlier usually, media such as images, audios and videos were entirely dissimilar objects, all of which were placed on a webpage.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users