Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Irock

#1 User is offline   DrDick 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:01 AM

Just finished HF HTML... & started HF JavaScript. Problem is the dialogue box in irock2 and irock3 overwrites the lower half of the rock. Looks really dumb. Attempts to reposition the box have failed. I did manage to move the rock down the page but that looks dumb too. Any suggestions?

#2 User is offline   drewdin 

• Super Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:20 AM

View PostDrDick, on 17 June 2012 - 07:01 AM, said:

Just finished HF HTML... & started HF JavaScript. Problem is the dialogue box in irock2 and irock3 overwrites the lower half of the rock. Looks really dumb. Attempts to reposition the box have failed. I did manage to move the rock down the page but that looks dumb too. Any suggestions?

Wheres your code?

#3 User is offline   DrDick 

• PipPip

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:11 AM

The code is on page 20 of the book. It appears that the alert box occupies the entire browser window. In Firefox and Opera it is positioned near the center of the browser window and has a not so light, gray background. When you click the OK button the alert box disappears (as expected) and the background returns to its default value. There is no mention of this in the book.
The same thing happens when I run the code for irock3 directly from the zipped files.
It may be "fixable" with some styling, but I'm not going to waste time trying. I'm just going to move along!

#4 User is offline   drewdin 

• Super Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:35 AM

View PostDrDick, on 19 June 2012 - 09:11 AM, said:

The code is on page 20 of the book. It appears that the alert box occupies the entire browser window. In Firefox and Opera it is positioned near the center of the browser window and has a not so light, gray background. When you click the OK button the alert box disappears (as expected) and the background returns to its default value. There is no mention of this in the book.
The same thing happens when I run the code for irock3 directly from the zipped files.
It may be "fixable" with some styling, but I'm not going to waste time trying. I'm just going to move along!

I dont get that with firefox, chrome, or IE. That's why i wanted to see your code.

#5 User is offline   DrDick 

• PipPip

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:22 AM

View Postdrewdin, on 19 June 2012 - 10:35 AM, said:

I dont get that with firefox, chrome, or IE. That's why i wanted to see your code.

#6 User is offline   DrDick 

• PipPip

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:28 AM

Here is the code for just the alert box. I copied it from the zipped files for Chapter 1.
<html>
<head>
<title> iRock - The Virtual Pet Rock</title>
</head>
<body onload="alert('Hello, I am your pet rock.');">

</body>
</html>

#7 User is offline   DrDick 

• PipPip

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:11 AM

I tried Chrome and IE and the problem went away. With these two browsers, the alert box has a definite "Windows" structure. I'm using Firefox V13.0.1 and Windows XP Professional and have no plans to change. Thanks for your input.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users