Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Help With Chapter 1

#1 User is offline   Belinda101 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:47 AM

I am completly new to all things HTML. I'm having a problem with the Starbuzz project. created the Starbuzz file and put in the words. Then closed down the file and reopened it like the book told me. Now I can't change any of the text or add the "tags". I'm sure I did something wrong, I just can't figure out what. Please help!

#2 User is offline   Beth Robson 

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: O'Reilly Employee
  • Interests:I am interested in computer science, the Web, social media and the internet, Mac development, and adult learning.

Posted 31 May 2012 - 04:31 PM

Are you using the editor or the browser to view the content?

If you're using the editor and you can't edit, did the file get locked somehow? (e.g. on Mac OSX Lion, a file is locked after a couple of weeks and to edit, you have to make a duplicate).

Hope this helps.
Elisabeth Robson
Co-founder, WickedlySmart.com
Author: Head First JavaScript Programming, Head First HTML5 Programming, Head First HTML and CSS, Head First Design Patterns

#3 User is offline   GaoYuan 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 June 2012 - 08:34 PM

View PostBelinda101, on 29 May 2012 - 09:47 AM, said:

I am completly new to all things HTML. I'm having a problem with the Starbuzz project. created the Starbuzz file and put in the words. Then closed down the file and reopened it like the book told me. Now I can't change any of the text or add the "tags". I'm sure I did something wrong, I just can't figure out what. Please help!

Maybe you forgot to save it as the "*.html" suffix?? or you should save it as "UTF-8" style . Try .

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users