O'Reilly Forums: Do You Really Need To Read The Pmbok Guide? - O'Reilly Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Do You Really Need To Read The Pmbok Guide?

#1 User is offline   ChadBrown 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 03 April 2012 - 02:30 AM

Most PMP aspirants are loathe to read the PMBOK Guide – which is the official publication from PMI. PMI publishes the Best Practices and GUidelines for managing projects. The current version Four, came into effect in June 2009, and is still going strong

Many people, who are preparing for the PMP Exam, are simply put off by the PMBOK Guide’s thick size, and most fall asleep while reading it. Some think that since they are studying another PMP Exam Preparation Book, therefore, they don’t need to read the guide.

Keep in mind that Reading the PMBOK Guide is not sufficient to pass the PMP Exam. However, I would recommend each and everyone to Read the PMBOK Guide atleast once.

Continue Reading Do you really need to read the PMBOK Guide?

#2 User is offline   Megs 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:41 AM

Having just started reading PMBOK guide - I couldn't understand it. It was confusing. The Dummies guide was good - but it didn't relate everything back to PMBOK guide. I'm now up to page 59 of Head First - and FINALLY I have some understanding ... So will I be reading the PMBOK - Not yet... it just doesn't do it for me...

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users