O'Reilly Forums: People Don't Get Answers Here? Data Source Issue - O'Reilly Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

People Don't Get Answers Here? Data Source Issue People Don't Get Answers Here? Data Source Issue

#1 User is offline   SharonSS 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:07 PM

C# 2010 Edition

My 1st program (chpt.1) screwed up at the point of trying to get the Data Source for the Database. (pgs. 28, 29).

#3 on page 29: Steps 1 and 2 were fine. But starting with Step 3, then 4 were different and also the Finish box section. Had to do with Strings. No Tables checkbox and the last instruction didn't say "ContactDBDataSet".

And of course there is nothing in the Data Sources except two copies of "ContactDBDataSet(1) and nothing else, no drop down boxes or anything. They are shown in the Database Explorer though. There are two copies in the Data Sources because I tried doing it over.

Anyone else have or had this issue?

#2 User is offline   Sikta_26785 

• PipPipPip

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:57 PM

Did you try starting from scratch? Sounds like you made a mistake earlier in the process (the initial creation of the database). It adds on a 1 (or 2, 3...n) when you already have a file/database/application/etc sharing that name.

#3 User is offline   SharonSS 

• Pip

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:02 PM

View PostSikta_26785, on 29 February 2012 - 04:57 PM, said:

Did you try starting from scratch? Sounds like you made a mistake earlier in the process (the initial creation of the database). It adds on a 1 (or 2, 3...n) when you already have a file/database/application/etc sharing that name.

No, I haven't started from scratch again. I deleted the old one out, but decided to just skip that project since I don't want to go to the trouble of filling in the database again for it not to work again. Everything up to that point I mentioned looked perfect first time around.

Thanks for trying to help. :-)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users