Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Videobooth Video Size Issue In Chrome

#1 User is offline   njschwartz 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:02 PM

I have encountered a perplexing issue with Google Chrome and the video booth in chapter 8. For some reason the video becomes squished with a large black (or white with the scifi effect) bar on the right side of the video when using the effects. It works fine in Firefox and IE (although in IE the video quality is terrible for some reason, lots of pixelation). I have tried numerous tweaks thinking it had something to do with the size of the canvas but to no avail. It seems like chrome handles the effects differently somehow and I just don't understand it. Any suggestions? A screenshot is attached!

Nate

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: screenshot.png

#2 User is offline   njschwartz 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:58 PM

Just an update. I tried a different video, not one of the demos, but the areyoupopular video and it works fine. I don't get what the deal with the demovideo1/2 videos is that chrome does not like! I spent hours messing with it and the problem was the video file all along!!!

#3 User is offline   Beth Robson 

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: O'Reilly Employee
  • Interests:I am interested in computer science, the Web, social media and the internet, Mac development, and adult learning.

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:13 PM

View Postnjschwartz, on 19 February 2012 - 07:58 PM, said:

Just an update. I tried a different video, not one of the demos, but the areyoupopular video and it works fine. I don't get what the deal with the demovideo1/2 videos is that chrome does not like! I spent hours messing with it and the problem was the video file all along!!!

Weird (on the sizing issue). We did test in all browsers and they worked fine. Of course video is so finicky (and dependent on what you have installed on your computer in some cases)... so... grain of salt :-)

Glad you got the other video working.
Elisabeth Robson
Co-founder, WickedlySmart.com
Author: Head First JavaScript Programming, Head First HTML5 Programming, Head First HTML and CSS, Head First Design Patterns

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users