O'Reilly Forums: Using Linqpad With An Nhibernate (.net4) Assembly - O'Reilly Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Using Linqpad With An Nhibernate (.net4) Assembly Seeking the most uptodate info on using LP with an nH assembly Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   justSteve 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:42 AM

If I query Google on a nHibernate driver for LinqPad I find a couple how-tos but really old. Much as I'd like to play with EF4x, my project exists via nHibernate. Possible to poke around with LinqPad?

thx

#2 User is offline   JoeAlbahari 

• Super Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 December 2011 - 06:36 PM

AFAIK no-one has written a LINQPad driver for NHibernate (although there's nothing stopping you from creating an ordinary query, adding a reference to the appropriate DLLs and interactively running queries).

A LINQPad driver would make the process smoother in that you could add a connection and see the schema in the tree view. Here's the info on how it works:
http://www.linqpad.n...ensibility.aspx

#3 User is offline   justSteve 

• Pip

Posted 21 December 2011 - 09:43 PM

View PostJoeAlbahari, on 21 December 2011 - 06:36 PM, said:

stopping you from creating an ordinary query, adding a reference to the appropriate DLLs and interactively running queries

The thing stopping me is the understanding of the wiring and plumbing needed to get all the parts in place and in tune. Is why i'm looking to use a utility like LinqPad in the first place. So my next step wouldn't be extending linqpad so much as understanding and implementing the above; interactive queries against my DLLs.

thx for the util - if i don't get any further up the learning curve than LP's already helped me with, the intellisense/autocomplete alone is worth the price of admission of the Pro version. highly appreciated.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users