Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

These Forums Are Frustrating..

#1 User is offline   drew_35144 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:35 PM

These forums are amongst the worst i have used in some time.. too much spam, no easy way to search JUST the forum we want, no remembering of setting to stop wasting time when searching, no break-down by chapters for ease of reading. Seriously folks, if you are catering to those trying to learn, make your online tool make the quality of your books!

#2 User is offline   rachel.j 

• PipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 15 December 2011 - 08:37 AM

Hi Drew,

Thanks for writing about this, and I'm sorry that the forum has been frustrating.

You're right, there was quite a bit of spam in this forum that we missed (I think because many of the titles looked legitimate or related to the forum's subject). If you notice spam posts that we've missed, you can hit the Report button in the lower left corner of the post to let us know about it.

I'm sorry that search and sorting don't have the options you mentioned. Thanks for taking the time to describe what you're looking for. It's good to hear what would be useful to readers.

Thanks again for writing us about this. If you have questions about the book that you haven't been able to get answered here, feel free to write our book technical support group at booktech@oreilly.com or to call customer service at (707)827-7019 or (800)889-8969.

Regards,

Rachel James
O'Reilly Media
Rachel James
http://oreilly.com

#3 User is offline   drew_35144 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 December 2011 - 09:36 PM

thanks kindly.. i have having more luck googling with the page # of problems and a few choice descriptors. It would really help potential "next book" purchases if the authors where present at the forums where people are discussing their books. I have been having to keep a pen handy to fill in corrections as i go, much more than most books i encounter. Shame really as the format is potentially good for beginners!

ps: while i am a beginner to the iphone, i am no stranger to coding and thus my comments..

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users