• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What Is Next? question about a book

#1 User is offline   python starter 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 31 October 2011 - 03:36 PM

Hi guys !!
I am a first year student learning python language,I dont depend much on lectures but I like to teach myself from books.
I have read Head first progrmming and Head first python, so what do you suggest I read now to gain more skills about python langauge?
I prefer suggestions from Oreilly books please, and any help will be appreciated.
thank you

#2 User is offline   memilanuk 

• PipPip

Posted 31 October 2011 - 05:12 PM

http://shop.oreilly....780596158071.do

http://shop.oreilly....780596158118.do

#3 User is offline   python starter 

• Pip

Posted 31 October 2011 - 05:43 PM

thank you man..I appreciate the help

#4 User is offline   Kovner 

• Pip

Posted 31 May 2012 - 03:09 PM

Programming Python recommends that someone "master the basics" of Python before reading it.
Would you say that someone who has read Head First Python would be sufficiently prepared to read Programming Python. Or, is Head First Python more of just a primer, and one would need to go from Head First Python to Learning Python before Programming Python?

#5 User is offline   paulbarry 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: O'Reilly Author

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:06 AM

All of the books you mention are pitched at different levels. Learning Python and Programming Python are written to be read "together", or at least one after the other. There's a lot of reading in both and there's close to 3000 pages between the two!

My book isn't designed to compete directly with either, but is designed to get you up-to-speed with Python as quickly as possible (that's why there's only 500 pages). Once you're done with Head First Python, start writing some code and applications, then use the online Python docs to fill-in any blanks.

I do recommend the above two books (I have copies), but only if you really need to understand and absorb all of the minute details of Python.

--Paul.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users