Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Error Messages Building The Breakaway Model

#1 User is offline   BobOfCA 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 September 2011 - 07:23 PM

When I finished chapter eight in Julie’s 2nd Edition book, saved and built the project, it said the build was successful, but I got the two error messages below. I looked at the errata/forums here, but couldn’t find where anyone else had this problem. I'm not a developer and have no idea what they refer to, can you help? I’m using VS 2010 Express and Visual Basic.

File BAModel.edmx
Error 2098: A function mapping for ‘to’ role Reservations is not permitted because it is a foreign key association.
Error 2037: A mapping function bindings specifies a function BreakAwayModel.Store.InsertPayment but does not map the following function parameters: reservationID.

BobOfCA

This post has been edited by BobOfCA: 27 September 2011 - 07:35 PM

#2 User is offline   BobOfCA 

• PipPip

Posted 06 October 2011 - 08:46 PM

View PostBobOfCA, on 27 September 2011 - 07:23 PM, said:

When I finished chapter eight in Julie’s 2nd Edition book, saved and built the project, it said the build was successful, but I got the two error messages below. I looked at the errata/forums here, but couldn’t find where anyone else had this problem. I'm not a developer and have no idea what they refer to, can you help? I’m using VS 2010 Express and Visual Basic.

File BAModel.edmx
Error 2098: A function mapping for ‘to’ role Reservations is not permitted because it is a foreign key association.
Error 2037: A mapping function bindings specifies a function BreakAwayModel.Store.InsertPayment but does not map the following function parameters: reservationID.

BobOfCA

This is BobOfCa, and I am requesting that this post be removed or that no one should take the time to try to respond, because I have run into some more difficultities and realize this material is far too advanced for me. I am now concentrating on a more simple project that Julie has recently posted on the internet.
Thank you,
Bob

#3 User is offline   eerora 

• Pip

Posted 19 May 2012 - 12:53 AM

You have accidentally mapped Reservervation.ReservationID instead of ReservationID. Happened me too, and took me a while to find my mistake.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users