O'Reilly Forums: How Do Other Companies Document Changes? - O'Reilly Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How Do Other Companies Document Changes? Keeping the design documents in synch with developer changes to code

#1 User is offline   CoderLass 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 September 2011 - 02:28 PM

I am the QA manager for a small software company. This is the only software firm I've worked for, so I have no idea how things are done elsewhere. I'm hoping someone can give me some ideas. Here is the problem: I write a test procedure for a function in one of our products. Then a developer makes a change but doesn't update the design document. I report it as a bug, and he responds, "Oh, it doesn't work that way any more." It happens often enough that it's getting quite expensive in terms of unnecessary hours spent. The developers blame tight schedules and say they don't have time to both write code and update design docs, and they are probably correct. How do other firms handle these changes? Do they have a specific person in charge of change management, tasked with keeping the necessary documents updated? Thanks for your help.

#2 User is offline   Dexter696 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 November 2011 - 03:10 AM

changes to constitutional form 3 is an initial filing and form 4 reflects changes in the holding canadian companies a key way to document a company s but they do find other ways.

View PostCoderLass, on 02 September 2011 - 02:28 PM, said:

I am the QA manager for a small software company. This is the only software firm I've worked for, so I have no idea how things are done elsewhere. I'm hoping someone can give me some ideas. Here is the problem: I write a test procedure for a function in one of our products. Then a developer makes a change but doesn't update the design document. I report it as a bug, and he responds, "Oh, it doesn't work that way any more." It happens often enough that it's getting quite expensive in terms of unnecessary hours spent. The developers blame tight schedules and say they don't have time to both write code and update design docs, and they are probably correct. How do other firms handle these changes? Do they have a specific person in charge of change management, tasked with keeping the necessary documents updated? Thanks for your help.

changes to constitutional form 3 is an initial filing and form 4 reflects changes in the holding canadian companies a key way to document a company s but they do find other ways.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users