Aws::s3 Library version

#1 User is offline   tenasakai 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 August 2009 - 09:14 PM

Hi,

On page 143 of the book, it is stated:
"You may experience problems using 0.4.0 of the AWS::S3 library..."

Would you tell us which version(s) don't have problems?

FYI: I am using aws-s3-0.6.2 and I emulated the usage of s3backup.rb from the bottom of page 142 and didn't experience anything disagreeable.

Regards,

Tena Sakai

#2 User is offline   JamesMurty 

• PipPip

Posted 02 August 2009 - 05:40 PM

The problem with the AWS::S3 library referred to on page 143 (Content-Length Workaround) only affected users who interact with S3 via web proxies that are fussy about the PUT requests they relay. Namely, proxies that do not accept PUT requests without a Content-Length header.

In my book, I propose a workaround for the issue that causes AWS::S3 to include this header with Bucket PUT requests.

I just checked the latest code for AWS::S3 on GitHub and it looks like this problem remains. However, it will not affect you unless you are accessing S3 from behind a troublesome proxy. If it does affect you, the 1-line fix mentioned in the book should fix it.

Regards,
James

This post has been edited by JamesMurty: 02 August 2009 - 05:41 PM

#3 User is offline   tenasakai 

• Pip

Posted 03 August 2009 - 08:47 AM

Many thanks, James.

Regards,
Tena Sakai

QUOTE (JamesMurty @ Aug 2 2009, 05:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The problem with the AWS::S3 library referred to on page 143 (Content-Length Workaround) only affected users who interact with S3 via web proxies that are fussy about the PUT requests they relay. Namely, proxies that do not accept PUT requests without a Content-Length header.

In my book, I propose a workaround for the issue that causes AWS::S3 to include this header with Bucket PUT requests.

I just checked the latest code for AWS::S3 on GitHub and it looks like this problem remains. However, it will not affect you unless you are accessing S3 from behind a troublesome proxy. If it does affect you, the 1-line fix mentioned in the book should fix it.

Regards,
James

#4 User is offline   Fa1c0n 

• Pip

Posted 28 August 2012 - 03:55 PM

Has anyone else noticed the spam thats being posted her? Its not even about AWS and further to that the links are NOFOLLOW anyway.

#5 User is offline   zeeshanaayan07 

• PipPip

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:56 AM

Woow brilliant i appreciate your thinking

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users