• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cluelesspenguin

cluelesspenguin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:38 PM

I was successful in creating the nester module. However, when I went to execute python3 setup.py register from the command line as instructed on p. 48, I got

python3: can't open file 'setup.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory

It all seemed very odd, as the system seemed to have no problem finding setup.py for purposes of building the distribution and creating the module.

I ran this from the command line in the terminal, using Ubuntu 10.04.

I've got to be missing something really obvious....

Thanks.

#2 cluelesspenguin

cluelesspenguin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 08:54 PM

Found the problem - really basic.

I had to shut down for the night between making the distribution and uploading it to pypi. I just needed to get back in to the distribution folder (nester) before running the command - worked flawlessly after that.

btw - to get around the "nester already taken problem" just change the name of the module in the name line of setup.py.

#3 j_callahan

j_callahan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 07:55 AM

Found the problem - really basic.

I had to shut down for the night between making the distribution and uploading it to pypi. I just needed to get back in to the distribution folder (nester) before running the command - worked flawlessly after that.

btw - to get around the "nester already taken problem" just change the name of the module in the name line of setup.py.

I had the same problem, however, I'm running Windows 7. When you say, 'I just needed to get back in to the distribution folder (nester) before running the command' - what are you referring to? How do I get back into the distribution folder before running the command?

Redundant Note: Page 41 of the book says, "Open a terminal window within your nester folder and type a single command: "C:\Python31\python.exe setup.py sdist" - How do I open a terminal window within my nester folder?

#4 j_callahan

j_callahan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 08:25 AM

I had the same problem, however, I'm running Windows 7. When you say, 'I just needed to get back in to the distribution folder (nester) before running the command' - what are you referring to? How do I get back into the distribution folder before running the command?

Redundant Note: Page 41 of the book says, "Open a terminal window within your nester folder and type a single command: "C:\Python31\python.exe setup.py sdist" - How do I open a terminal window within my nester folder?

Upon reading anther post. I found what I needed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users