Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Firefox 4 Issues Firefox 4 Issues

#1 User is offline   Steve Fulton 

• Pip
  • Group: O'Reilly Author

Posted 13 May 2011 - 05:36 AM

We've noticed some issues with Firefox 4 with the examples in ch. 6 and 7. Most have to do with the "loop" property and the "canplaythrough" event. We will be posting workarounds as soon as we have them. Again, we suggest you use Google Chrome for testing the examples.

#2 User is offline   Steve Fulton 

• Pip
  • Group: O'Reilly Author

Posted 31 May 2011 - 08:04 AM

This link: https://developer.mo...L/Element/audio
show that Firefox 4 is borked with the "loop" property removed from audio. Hopefully they will fix this issue soon.

#3 User is offline   Jireizo 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 November 2011 - 03:23 AM

Browser Mozilla Firefox 4 was one of the open source version of the eagerly awaited year so far, but reports continue to flow in a low yield, and accidents, even inexplicable. During the beta cycle length for the new browser, there were far fewer performance problems, probably because many users do not have their arsenal of Firefox extensions running. Now they do, many complain that the extensions are slowing down the browser, and Mozilla is making some concessions in this direction. The company has an updated list of the slowest to make extensions, available here. In view of these problems, what is the best course of action to Mozilla to take?
Disclosure of supplements underperforming Mozilla is admirable, but do not forget that browsers are one of the most competitive categories of applications and the open source browser Google Chrome is breathing down the neck of Firefox in terms of market share. Chrome is widely praised for his performance, while Firefox 4 is to accept criticism, just in front performance.
Datamation Firefox itself suggests that the development needs a reboot:
"We will have an effect of Firefox is the browser would be Netscape Firefox is not just another iteration in the development of Firefox, but -. A blank form back to the basics of the original iterations of Firefox has proud of and were valued in the first place. "
In fact, one of the best things about previous versions of Firefox is that it strikes a good balance between performance and availability of browser add-ons. Chrome has closed the gap in this area, however, as the most popular extensions and more are available to him, and is a very fast browser.
One thing to keep in mind is that Mozilla has promised a new cycle, a quick release for Firefox that look more like the Chrome development cycle. In fact, there are four versions of Firefox scheduled to arrive this year - far more than Mozilla ever delivered in any previous year. Future versions might solve some of the problems with the add-ons, but not necessarily quickly. And, it is essential to Firefox extensions to run smoothly, because doing so has been one of the perceived advantages in the browser for years.
Mozilla publishing a list of supplements slow realization seems to imply that the company has resigned to the fact that the user's browser settings can bring your performance significantly. Instead, Mozilla needs to address performance issues from the beginning, so that Firefox maintains an optimum combination of performance and extensibility. Until Mozilla get that combination right again, without defining the problems to users, Chrome door to continue gaining market share while Firefox remains flat is very open.

#4 User is offline   Glenn99 

• Pip

Posted 06 December 2011 - 06:49 AM

When i open up firefox after install it says as follows...

The proxy server is refusing connections

Firefox is configured to use a proxy server that is refusing connections.

Check the proxy settings to make sure that they are correct.
Contact your network administrator to make sure the proxy server is
working.

Anybody have any ideas what i could do? id appreciate it
[url="http://www.weddingclan.com/princess-cut-diamond-engagement-rings-7-beautiful.html"]Princess Cut Diamond Engagement Rings[/url]
[url="http://www.alwaysfoodie.com/delicious-thai-curry-recipes-fall.html"]Thai food recipes[/url]

#5 User is offline   paddysmith 

• Pip

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:26 PM

Hi,

i have the new firefox 4.0. i have same problme my email and also the yout tube dont work it keeps firefox crashing. on the firefox it wpork alll the wensite but the hotmail and also youtube dont work on the new firfox 4.0 can pls tell me why is this happaning.

please help me....

#6 User is offline   teapro 

• Pip

Posted 24 March 2012 - 07:14 AM

yes

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users