Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Time Tracking On A Software Development Team

#1 User is offline   Kyle Bucklen 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 April 2011 - 05:21 PM

I manage a team of 20 web/software developers, database developers and quality assurance engineers. In efforts to improve our project planning/management, I am looking to implement time tracking across the team. I don't want to add too much overhead across the team, nor do I want the move to be perceived in a negative way by the team. If you have experience with a development team that uses time tracking, I'm curious to hear your thoughts. How was it implemented? How was it perceived by the team? What tool did you use? Any other challenges?

#2 User is offline   iamsuperman 

• Pip

Posted 04 May 2011 - 03:12 AM

I manage my team using employee software for time tracking. Time tracking software can improve your working process, real time tracking of tasks, prevents wasted time and allows for better planning, analysis, and reporting.

Some employees don't like the idea of time tracking, but people need to realize that when they are at work.

#3 User is offline   EzraKee 

• Pip

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:31 AM

Our company uses 'My Team Monitor'. The reason the staff took the implementation better than one might think is that the software can be switched off during breaks, and it adds up the amount of time the employee worked per day, so they can manage their time as they wish, as long as they do the required amount of work each day. This software also logs the number of keystrokes and mouse clicks made, and takes regular screenshots. You'll find it if you look up 'myteammonitor' in Google.

#4 User is offline   sherlinandriya 

• Pip

Posted 13 July 2012 - 02:41 AM

in our company we are using time tracking software thatis accurate and worth it also additionally helps the payroll department by determining employees' attendance.it turns everything ease once you installed.
time log software

This post has been edited by sherlinandriya: 13 July 2012 - 02:44 AM

#5 User is offline   TomWilliams 

• Pip

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:58 AM

Hello..I am also running a company..I manages my team using a online time tracking tool which is very good for the better organization of your business and keep it on the fast track! Talygen the Online Time Tracking Tool you can try this.

#6 User is offline   xavier20 

• Pip

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:59 PM

Another software that you could try is “Time Doctor”. We have tried this in our outsourcing business and it efficiently tracks hours worked and websites visited during business hours. It also sends reports daily/weekly which I liked most.

#7 User is offline   Cisco Braxley 

• Pip

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:09 AM

Hi...

I have used this software a long time ago until now and its really work. I suggest this to you and i hope it can help you!

Thanks,
Cisco Braxley
Clock In Clock Out

#8 User is offline   greyu03 

• Pip

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:25 PM

Our company uses Worksnaps. It's a time tracking software that can take screenshots and have them saved for managers to review later on. It produces the mouse and keyboard activities, and even the applications used within the span of 10 minutes. Worksnaps can also take a series of webcam shots which can be chosen optionally. It's a great way to verify work and ensure higher productivity.

This post has been edited by greyu03: 02 December 2012 - 05:27 PM

#9 User is offline   kellydrill 

• Pip

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:05 AM

Our 16-person dev team actually developed our own tool (http://hourstracking.com) after struggling with a) the expense associated with most team-based apps, and B) compliance. Hours Tracking is designed to make the process easier for team members - quick start/stop/swap timers. It's also far more affordable for small businesses than most full-featured apps at just $1/month/user.

#10 User is offline   Cisco Braxley 

• Pip

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:21 AM

Thanks for all suggestion.
Time tracking is really can help for all kinds of business.

Cisco Braxley
Clock In Clock Out

#11 User is offline   sonii1234 

• Pip

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:34 AM

I personally feel that its not useful for the members of whole organization but also me, the time tracking user...because if you are working in a software development and website designing company the tool plays a vital role to save time. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MAURYA SOFTWARE

#12 User is offline   justinemily 

• Pip

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:57 AM

All workforce management software are under one post as it really helpful in selection to get best from them to manage time of staff in any organization.

#13 User is offline   nathaliecruz 

• Pip

Posted 14 August 2013 - 07:24 AM

Try out Replicon's software for time management. I have been using this time recording software, where it really helps to manage my subordinates time and tasks more efficiently.

I was a little skeptical about the capabilities before I started using it. But it is very easy to make invoices using the time sheet and it’s not considered as a separate task any more. Even, other subordinates are also happy because of the organized environment this software has created at our office.

#14 User is offline   Andy_Smith 

• Pip

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:31 AM

I have used many project management softwares like Basecamp, Podio, Copper, Zoho, ProofHub and I found ProofHub (www.proofhub.com) to be very easy to use and has helped me immensely in time tracking and for managing multiple projects.

#15 User is offline   terredean111 

• Pip

Posted 12 March 2014 - 01:02 AM

Employee-worked time is a vital metric in a very well-organized business, creating time tracking software system an important tool for increasing potency.

#16 User is offline   hemapandey 

• Pip

Posted 25 March 2014 - 08:31 AM

I had been using Replicon's cloud based time tracking software which is an extremely simple to use calendar view interface tool. Prior to this I used Harvest & Freshbooks but the usability and other great features and robust support by Replicon app over other similar apps has been very fascinating, simple, effective and productive.

#17 User is offline   DaveDee 

• Pip

Posted 23 April 2014 - 06:31 AM

As part of a remote team I use hubstaff to track and manage my time on each project I undertake. The app also takes screenshots to monitor our activity, and an extensive reporting and invoicing tool. You can find it at the Hubstaff website

#18 User is offline   sophieot123 

• Pip

Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:58 AM

We have been using http://www.officetimer.com/ time tracking software to manage our in house as well as remote employees. our teams productivity has increased drastically after we started using this. It is fully web based.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users