O'Reilly Forums: Amazon Api - Pulling Member Order History - O'Reilly Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Amazon Api - Pulling Member Order History Amazon API - Pulling Member Order History

#1 User is offline   dletter 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 June 2009 - 06:53 AM

Just wondering on this, I can't find this being possible, and I just want to know if it is because I just am not searching for it correctly, or because they don't allow it.

I want to be able to pull in an Amazon customers order history (not just for "my" store(s), but, their entire order history). Basically having access to this information in the same way you can get access to a Google members information... you have them log into their account, and they grant your site API access.

Is this possible, or is their API basically only built around doing things with your own "store", not general member data (when permission is granted)?

#2 User is offline   JamesMurty 

• PipPip

Posted 24 June 2009 - 02:08 PM

To my knowledge Amazon does not provide a way for third parties to obtain a customer's order history.

However, this forums is not really the right place to get a definitive answer to your question. This forum is for people specifically interested in Amazon's infrastructure cloud services such as storage, computing power etc.

You should address your question to Amazon's customer service department to find out if the company offers any kind of OAuth access to customer data, or if such a feature is planned.

James

#3 User is offline   panasonic 

• Pip

Posted 20 August 2009 - 06:31 PM

Hello,

thanks for sharing information and providing newest news for us, i'm going to read your forum more keep updating it.
comparatif simulation taux credit auto - Taux crédit auto. Comparatif des offres! Les meilleurs taux crédit auto sont sur le net !comparatif simulation taux credit auto

#4 User is offline   softwarer 

• Pip

Posted 01 February 2010 - 05:46 AM

QUOTE (dletter @ Jun 24 2009, 06:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just wondering on this, I can't find this being possible, and I just want to know if it is because I just am not searching for it correctly, or because they don't allow it.

I want to be able to pull in an Amazon customers order history (not just for "my" store(s), but, their entire order history). Basically having access to this information in the same way you can get access to a Google members information... you have them log into their account, and they grant your site API access.

Is this possible, or is their API basically only built around doing things with your own "store", not general member data (when permission is granted)?

Anyone can check an option to make own private wishlist hidden or available for everyone, it's clear. You may check the items that any person bought, or see the related preferences of a customer. So, from the point of view of personality tastes and interests it's possible to identify some private data of a certain user. It's like that anyone could see and discuss what you bought in off-line shop.

One from software developers in USA

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users