• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Introduce Yourself Welcome to the Twitter API Book forum

#1 User is offline   kmakice 

• Pip
  • Group: O'Reilly Author
  • Interests:Surviving graduate school

Posted 28 May 2009 - 10:46 AM

Thanks for dropping by the forum for my O'Reilly Media book, "Twitter API: Up and Running." This forum will be a great place for readers to gather around the content in the book, ask questions, search for answers, offer feedback, and otherwise support each other in our Twitter projects.

To start things off, though, please take a moment to introduce yourself. Your reply in this thread doesn't have to be much more than "Hi, I'm Bob" (assuming that's your real name), but it would be interesting to know a bit more about where you live, what programming languages you like to use, and your favorite Twitter applications (that could be the one you intend to write).

I'll start ...

I'm currently a Ph.D. student at the Indiana University School of Informatics, in Bloomington, Indiana. I grew up in Woodstock, Illinois but have also lived in Chicago, Hampshire (both Illinois), Greencastle (Indiana), Clinton (Tennessee), and Metairie (Louisiana). I'm in the process of finishing up the red tape that will allow me to work on my dissertation—all of which was delayed by writing the API book—and hope to sprint efficiently to the end of academia next year.

I hacked my way into Internet programming jobs in the 1990s, having an informal background in graphic design, journalism, web design and programming, and database administration. In the past, I have used Perl and Cold Fusion the most, but have also built prototypes with PHP and Processing. I'm now a designer by training, hoping to find some corner of the world that will let me do conceptual design research.

Your turn.

#2 User is offline   Jessica77 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 April 2010 - 11:13 AM

My name is Jessica and I live in the Sonoma wine country; I guess the same place where O'Reilly is based. I love twitter and Although I have used some very basic API's yet. Honestly, I think that Twitter overall is a bit overrated ohmy.gif

The API's I have tried so far are TweetDeck and DestroyTwitter for desktop. But the App I like most is Tweetie for iPhone so far. TwitPic is So .. So..

I have used PHP and MySQL in the past.

#3 User is offline   Jessica77 

• PipPip

Posted 14 April 2010 - 12:59 PM

Today I tried the Yedda Twitter library to implement the Twitter feed for a .NET application .. LINQ-to-Twitter is also pretty cool

#4 User is offline   Jessica77 

• PipPip

Posted 03 May 2010 - 11:12 AM

To steve1947: Never though Twitter (even Facebook) can be used to market a book .. Good thought!

#5 User is offline   Jessica77 

• PipPip

Posted 18 July 2010 - 06:45 PM

According to PC Mag :
Twitter Decides It's Time to Make Some Real Money
(http://www.pcmag.com...,2366149,00.asp)

Twitter is getting serious about making money. Maybe it's been serious all along, but the Promoted Tweets concept.

Personally, I am not sure if it's ethically correct. I feel the free nature Twitter will be lost.

This post has been edited by Jessica77: 18 July 2010 - 06:47 PM

#6 User is offline   AudreyP 

• Pip

Posted 19 August 2010 - 05:39 PM

Hi , Is there anything related to the new twitter api using OAUTH authentication.

#7 User is offline   Jasleendavid 

• Pip

Posted 30 November 2010 - 10:46 PM

I started a website recently and purchased 10,000 Twitter followers from www.socialkik.com for our Twitter page and the results were amazing! We passed all our competitors when it comes to the number of Twitter followers... some competitors have been in business since 1999, but now we have 30 times more followers than them on Twitter, which made it seem that We've been in business much longer than them !

#8 User is offline   staciejortega 

• Pip

Posted 14 March 2011 - 07:45 PM

hello.. im stacie ortega. . im new here in the forums and im looking forward to know more about web design smile.gif
<a href="http://www.syntacticsinc.com/content_section.php?id=2">Web Designer Philippines</a>

#9 User is offline   retinex2 

• Pip

Posted 19 May 2011 - 08:39 AM

Hi,

My name is Ho Kim. Just call me Ho. I'm a PhD student in Marketing area. Glad to see you all.

Ho.

This post has been edited by retinex2: 19 May 2011 - 08:40 AM

#10 User is offline   buyfblike 

• Pip

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:15 PM

Hello

Social media developer here
right now working with facebook and learning about twitter, hope i will get lots of useful information from this forum.

#11 User is offline   paulcriss 

• Pip

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:09 AM

Hello,

I am Paul Criss. New here on the forum..
I am working as an online marketing manager for an online printing company....Nice to see you all here..hope i will enjoy my stay here with you all.!

#12 User is offline   LetiTor 

• Pip

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:15 AM

HI I am Leticia and I would be interested to roam around in the iPhone and Women and technology sections of the forums. I am originally from Colorado but live not far from LA.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users