Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Portable Recording Device

#1 User is offline   blippin 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 May 2009 - 08:47 PM

Hi, I am a filmmaker and am looking for a portable recording device which can record high quality sounds outdoors. Am looking to record folk musicians in the rural areas of india. The outdoors are extremely noisy here. the device must be discreet and not too large/visible or complicated to set up, thus interfering with the act of documentation. I don't mind something which can also be hooked onto a tripod. It should have the option of recording for long hours. have a great battery life. the sound quality should be very high as the recorded sounds will be used in a film soundtrack, it should be as good or better than DAT quality. Its recording format should be editable with maximum flexibility. The format should also be compatible with editing softwares (mac and windows both) like final cut pro/ soundforge/ adobe/ macromedia flash and more. Also please suggest what sort of accessories can enhance the output. I am such a layman in technological knowledge but I don't want the sound quality of my film to be compromised because of this shortcoming. Please do educate me with your expert feedback! thanks a lot!

p.s. is a .WAV file as good as .DAT? can i listen somewhere online to compare qualities of sound file types so as to know the differences? Please excuse my illiteracy!

trippinblippin

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users