O'Reilly Forums: Will There Be A Mathematics Series Of Hf Books? - O'Reilly Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Will There Be A Mathematics Series Of Hf Books?

#1 User is offline   farmkitty 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 12 May 2009 - 10:13 AM

Hello,
I'm sorry if this is not the proper forum to ask this question but I wonder if there will eventually be a geometry HF (I understand this is likely), an adv. algebra and trigonomy, a pre-calculus, calculus, linear algebra and matrix theory, ....

Thanks!

#2 User is offline   bmclaugh 

• PipPipPip

Posted 13 May 2009 - 06:52 AM

QUOTE (farmkitty @ May 12 2009, 06:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello,
I'm sorry if this is not the proper forum to ask this question but I wonder if there will eventually be a geometry HF (I understand this is likely), an adv. algebra and trigonomy, a pre-calculus, calculus, linear algebra and matrix theory, ....

Thanks!

Head First Geometry will be out later this year (2009). As for the others, that really depends on how the math and science books currently out do. If they sell really well, we'll definitely keep investing in that area. If they don't... well, supply and demand :-)

At this point, the only in-progress math/science title is Geometry. Honestly, we could sign several more, but we need to see how the current titles do before committing more resources to additional titles.

Brett
Series Editor, Head First

#3 User is offline   Finapon 

• PipPip

Posted 05 June 2009 - 01:34 PM

QUOTE (bmclaugh @ May 13 2009, 06:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
...we could sign several more, but we need to see how the current titles do before committing more resources to additional titles.

Sooo...are the current titles doing good?? rolleyes.gif
A Mathematics HF Series would be great!
Specially math that Computer Scientists have to learn, like Discrete Mathematics, Analysis...would be a dream come true!!

#4 User is offline   FrenchFryLover 

• Pip

Posted 11 July 2010 - 07:19 PM

yeah...
trig, calc and chem. three most epic potential hf books out there. calc got a mention in hf stats as a coming soon from marketing.
also, in alg they mention a few alg 2 topics. i think hf alg 2 would work great. u could use addie's podcast to explain expos/logs.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users