Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Jpg's In Aperture Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Rich_1297892792 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 February 2011 - 01:50 PM

I know this is fairly basic but I just jumped from Windows / Lightroom to MAC / Aperturte.. In windows the JPEGS were exposed and easily located. On the MAC I just can't seem to find the individual jpgs. I can see the Aperture Library but just can't seem to locate each photo. Can anyone help me understand how I can find them. AN example was sending an email to someone ( not using macmail) and doing an attach of a JPG. First I have to export the photo to a some location so I can find. If I try and search for it without having exported it, I can't locate it. any advice would be very much appreciated.

#2 User is offline   christineO 

• Pip

Posted 24 February 2011 - 11:11 AM

QUOTE (Rich_1297892792 @ Feb 16 2011, 01:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know this is fairly basic but I just jumped from Windows / Lightroom to MAC / Aperturte.. In windows the JPEGS were exposed and easily located. On the MAC I just can't seem to find the individual jpgs. I can see the Aperture Library but just can't seem to locate each photo. Can anyone help me understand how I can find them. AN example was sending an email to someone ( not using macmail) and doing an attach of a JPG. First I have to export the photo to a some location so I can find. If I try and search for it without having exported it, I can't locate it. any advice would be very much appreciated.

hi I have been using aperture for about 12 months..and from what i can tell all the photo info (raw, jpeg, edits etc) is all kept together in one "package" and you only see one file. to email a photo just hit the mail icon and your preferred mail programme will open with the picture in a jpeg form ready to send. you don't have to use Imail ,I use entourage (outlook for mac).i think you have to set up which mail programme you are using in your preferences, but once you have done that it is really simple.
hope that makes sense,

#3 User is offline   denny206 

• Pip

Posted 15 March 2011 - 01:44 PM

Hmmm...have you looked into your finder? Why did you leave LR? LR is probably the BEST editing software you can get, and it's not ridiculously expensive either. I'm just not a huge fan of Aperture, so can't help you totally on it, except to vote for you to get LR back!

This post has been edited by denny206: 15 March 2011 - 01:44 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users