• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 vi3.game.hkr

vi3.game.hkr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 06:51 PM

Hi, I followed Chapter 1, and when I got to the very end, where you run setup.exe, I got an error message, "Unable to satisfy all prerequisites for Contacts. Setup cannot continue until all system components have been successfully installed." I click "Details >>" and the following shows up: "Prerequisite check for system component SQL Server 2008 Express Edition failed with the following error message:
"An error occurred attempting to install SQL Server 2008 Express Edition."

See the setup log file located at 'C:\Users\Marcus\AppData\Local\Temp\VSDAFFE.tmp\install.log' for more information."

I installed SQL Server 2008 with Visual C++ 2008 express some time ago, then I recently installed C# but that was before I got the book and I don't remember if I checked all the options.

Help would be appreciated!
Thanks

#2 Codingmaniac

Codingmaniac

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 07:54 AM

I'm having the same problem as well sad.gif
The program does run in debug mode... However, when I run the exe, it says the same error.

#3 jschwabe

jschwabe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 03:31 PM

QUOTE (Codingmaniac @ Apr 21 2009, 07:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm having the same problem as well sad.gif
The program does run in debug mode... However, when I run the exe, it says the same error.

Anyone get an answer to this? I am having the same issue.

#4 Zonalklism

Zonalklism

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 07:32 AM

It seems no one ever got an answer to this. I am having the same problem, and any help would be appreciated.

#5 uenvymygames

uenvymygames

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 08:38 AM

I currently am having the same problems. I've uninstalled SQL 08, installed SQL 05, then uninstalled 05, and re-installed 08. I've even done Microsofts Web Platform Installer. However it still displays this error. I've tried locating it's install.log file and it's nowhere to be found. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#6 ice52us

ice52us

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 03:49 PM

I am having the same issue. It does not seem there is much support for this book/forum. I am going to return it to the store.

#7 Quila86

Quila86

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 11:58 AM

Having the same problem here sad.gif

Has anyone found a solution yet?

#8 Jaren001

Jaren001

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:03 PM

seems like i found the solution, just double click that deployment manifest file and it should verify and let u install to your windows, hope it helps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users