Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Problem Reconnecting Masters Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Copal 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 November 2010 - 03:59 AM

I am working on a large library that has been updated over time from Aperture V1.5 to the current version and moved between several computers.

The current problem is that several projects - each a year (containing 4-7 thousand images) have the links to their masters broken or missing. Reconnecting is working but only one or a few images at a time, even when using reconnect all. The images are referenced to an old HD location, not there current one. Ideally they would have been relocated via Aperture but this has not been done before the new machine was setup.

I can see on the Apple discussions other people have experienced the same issue, but there seems to be no clear solution.

What I have found is that after exporting a single year project as a library and rebuilding it the location of the off-line files changed to an older location, so it seems Aperture is storing this information somewhere.

What is also puzzling is that one project with 5k images did relocate the master in one go - so there is some inconsistency here.

I would be very grateful for help with this issue. Thanks.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users