#1 sjdorst

sjdorst

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 02:36 PM

Greetings,

I'm not sure this is possible, but here goes:

We're currently on Exchange 2003 - the last one that still has "public" folders with configurable permissions AND an email address attached to the folder. We're using this HEAVILY for a few purposes as follows:
  • Employee REQUESTs for Paid Time Off routes to a public folder (This one will probably be replaced by a form with notification)
  • Vendors can email order confirmations to a special email address that gets routed to a public folder
  • Same as above for advanced shipping notices (different folder/email address)
  • Same as above for Invoices
  • Employee "Alerts" to the purchasing department that an item needs to be ordered

ALL of these folders can be read by anyone within our company, but each folder has a distinct set of users who can edit/move/delete.

I'm now somewhat at a loss at how I can accomplish similar functionality in Google Apps for Business. Here's the essential point:
Special Email address such that:
  • Received emails are visible to all domain members
  • Only a short list of people can remove items

Help!

Thanks in advance!

#2 sjdorst

sjdorst

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 06:40 AM

Limitations for multiple domains:

Google Apps for Business and Education customers can associate multiple Internet domains with their Google Apps account. The domain name you use when you sign up for Google Apps is the primary domain. Additional domains are subject to certain limitations, as google says....

I'm sorry, but I fail to see how multiple domains is going to help me in this situation.

#3 yogi1seo

yogi1seo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 12:04 AM

You can use 2007 , that's best and will work for you .

#4 gurusquad

gurusquad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 02:14 AM

Feel free to use 2007 , I think it will be best for you and will definitely help you . Thanks!!

Best File Synchronization Software

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users