Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Coupon

#1 User is offline   Nubridge 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 April 2010 - 04:36 AM

How does one use the coupon offered in the book for free access to an online version? I purchased the book as well as Head First Statistics and wanted to see if the online version can be downloaded to correct errata. But it seems all it wants me to do is to pay more money to O'Reilly on a monthly basis so I can download more books. I didn't get that impression from what is said in the book and so I find it a little misleading but correct me if I misunderstand.

#2 User is offline   BrianSawyer 

• Pip
  • Group: O'Reilly Editor

Posted 05 April 2010 - 04:41 AM

QUOTE (Nubridge @ Apr 1 2010, 04:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How does one use the coupon offered in the book for free access to an online version? I purchased the book as well as Head First Statistics and wanted to see if the online version can be downloaded to correct errata. But it seems all it wants me to do is to pay more money to O'Reilly on a monthly basis so I can download more books. I didn't get that impression from what is said in the book and so I find it a little misleading but correct me if I misunderstand.

Thanks for your question. I want to make sure I understand it correctly, because the language in the coupon is for free "access to the online edition." If you follow the steps at www.oreilly.com/go/safarienabled, you shouldn't have any trouble getting this access with your coupon code. I just tried it to make sure it was working:

Attached File  O_Reilly___Safari_Books_Online___Safari_Enabled_1.jpg (79.04K)
Number of downloads: 1

If this isn't working for you, please contact Safari customer support. If you do mean "download," yes, you'll need a paid Safari account to download the book. I hope this helps answer your question. Thanks again for posting to the forum.

Thanks,
Brian Sawyer
Editor, Head First

#3 User is offline   coupons98 

• Pip

Posted 04 September 2011 - 01:15 AM

Thanks BrianSawyer for this info.

#4 User is offline   cascade8 

• Pip

Posted 07 September 2011 - 02:16 AM