• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#41 Deep Fried Brain

Deep Fried Brain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 08:28 PM

I passed my exam in Nov 2007 (yeah, I agree it's been while). You can find my lessons learned here:

http://deepfriedbrai...m-pmp-exam.html
BrainBOK = ITTOs + Exams + Flashcards + Formulas
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
PMP and CAPM Tools: http://www.brainbok.com
PMP Exam Prep Blog: http://www.deepfriedbrainproject.com
PMP and CAPM Forum: http://www.pmhangout.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

#42 eross

eross

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 08:05 AM

Been lurking on here for awhile and wanted to chip in and share that I passed last week! Exam was really rough and I'm actually somewhat surprised that I cleared it.

I prepared for a couple hours each week for about three months.

I used two books:

Head First PMP (--- you guys did a great job explaining network analysis
Kim heldman's book (--- this was really excellent as well

And took the following practice questions:

oliver lehmann (--- good but old. The real exam seemed very different.
pmstudy.com (--- good, learned quite a bit from the questions I missed.
honestpmp.com (--- good, I haven't seen this site mentioned anywhere else. These questions were the most similar to the exam out of all these. Good prep tips also.

On the exam, I took the full four hours with no breaks. I probably marked about 80 questions. Only got one network analysis question! Plenty of cost questions, quality, and contracts. Some tricky ethical dilemmas. Wish I could see which questions I got right/wrong. So happy to be through! Thanks for everyone's insight/advice, very helpful while preparing.

-ER

#43 avbpmp

avbpmp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 08:03 PM

Headfirst -- How do I love you. Let me count the ways. I passed the PMP cert today on the first try. None of the other reference material out there that I have come across holds a candle to you. This book is great can't say enough about it. I love project management but studying for the PMP made me question myself. Your book brought me back into the light!!!

#44 tchumney

tchumney

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:37 AM

Greetings aspiring PMPs,

I'd like to share the resources I used to successfully pass the PMP Exam on the first attempt.

I've been putting off taking this test for years and years and I finally did it last Saturday! The test was not nearly as scary as I had anticipated.

I read the following books in preparation (in this order):
Rita's book (2x)
Head first

In hindsight, I would have read Headfirst first, then other resources. Head first was so intuitive and easy to read that it actually made it (a little) fun to study.

I did not use the PMBOK as a resource at all, everytime I tried to read it I fell asleep. Nor did I memorize the ITTO. Although, I'm sure that by reading Head first and Rita's book (2x) something had to stick a little. Definitely memorize ALL of the EVT formulas and understand which to use in different situations. Neither Rita's book nor Head first did a very good job of explaining the subtleties. The only source of info I had on that subject was from pmstudy.com question explanations, although I'm sure a better source exists somewhere.

Reading these books or others with similar content is required to pass the exam. No amount of practice questions could convey the amount of valuable info contained within each of these books.

Practice questions used:
All questions in Head first book and Rita's book - generally easier than the real test, but great practice and way to learn what you know and don't know when you are starting out
200 free questions from Head first - can't beat free and you get MORE than you paid for in this case
pmstudy.com - very useful
Rita's FastTrack - also useful, though fairly expensive

Good luck all!

Tommy Chumney

#45 centrino

centrino

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 10:26 AM

hello,

sorry for the question, but how comes that all the links to the Lessons Learned point to the general forum : http://forums.oreilly.com/

Should the URLs be adapted to point to the correct links ?

Thanks

#46 gula_

gula_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 01:16 PM

I've passed the PMP exam yesterday,
until I took the exam, I had 2 questions that noone answered to my satisfaction. Actually Rita somewhat did, but I only recalled reading about it AFTER the exam.
So for those who are getting ready to take the exam and have the same questions, I will try to answer them:

1. Am I ready? What can I measure against?

answer: you know how people keep telling you,"... take this mock exam and if you score over 80% you are in good shape, but no promises!...". That is because of how exam is structured - it will try to confuse and scare you smile.gif
I would say knowledge-wise: if you are doing well on the HF mocks and the Rita's chapter questions (80% ish), you are, indeed, in good shape.
Know all of the processes, you should know them so well that you don't need to brain-dump them. Know the ITTO's and know that sometimes you may use some TT's in other processes as well. Memorizing or not - it is YOUR call to make. Very often things don't make sense to me until I try to repeat them out loud without looking at the book, so I do - is it memorizing or is it learning? everyone will answer this differently, because we ARE different. Don't listen to how many times you have to read a book or how you should learn, by now, you should be capable of determining how YOU learn, follow your own experience.

2. What is the exam like? does it make sense like "HF questions" or does it have some of those "crazy" questions I saw in Rita's book (not all, but few of her question/answers ARE crazy!)? or is it like Lehman's mock questions (BTW, I scored about 60% on those 2 days before the actual exam)?

answer: it is neither and it is all. it is like people from 10 countries with different professional backgrounds, but with good project management knowledge, got together and put in few questions each. So you will see questions with the logic similar to HF's , Rita's, Lehman's and other. So they tell right - do as many questions as you can, learn to interpret people's definitions. If you work with international team on a daily basis - helps.
I did not get those "first questions I had no idea about". In fact, I saw only about 5 questions through the exam that didn't make sense or were "out of the blue", they were in the first half of the exam. It gets better towards the end, not sure if it does get easier or you just get so tired of worrying - you just give up and start thinking!?

If anyone is interested,
I did not take any classes but the prepcast for my 35 hours and HF+Rita's books. I did have a true enterprise experience delivering projects in all areas but procurement.

Good luck!

#47 Vishal Tayal, PMP

Vishal Tayal, PMP

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 10:00 AM

I also passed the PMP exam last Monday on my first attempt.

Here is what I advise aspiring PMPs to pass this exam on their first attempt-

STEP 1- Read Head First PMP (cross-reference with PMBOK) and attempt all the exercises and questions. I can bet that this book is the most effective way to prepare for the PMP exam.

STEP 2- Use Rita Mulcahy’s book only for practicing the exam questions (this book is not reader-friendly and requires “excessive” time and effort)

STEP 3- Take a simulated 4 hour exam to gain confidence & get a feel of the real exam.

Best of luck!

Regards,
Vishal Tayal, PMP

#48 Nancy2009

Nancy2009

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 12:37 AM

I Passed PMP exam last week , i used 3 materials

1- Rita's Book
2- PMBOK 4th
3- Exam simulation software by http://pmlearn.com , my score was close to waht i scored using pmlearn.com exam simulation software

Best wishes to all

#49 desin

desin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 05:59 AM

QUOTE (Nancy2009 @ Sep 17 2009, 12:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I Passed PMP exam last week , i used 3 materials

1- Rita's Book
2- PMBOK 4th
3- Exam simulation software by http://pmlearn.com , my score was close to waht i scored using pmlearn.com exam simulation software

Best wishes to all

Nancy,
Could you please tell me how was the pmlearn questions. I am planning to buy them. Is it worth of money. Are the questions really useful for the exam. I already have PMFast track but its based on PMBOK 3rd edition though. Is pmlearn based on PMBOK Fourth edition.

Thank you,
Desin.

#50 digitalprintdesing

digitalprintdesing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 05:15 PM

Greetings!

I took and passed the PMP three hours ago (Oct. 29, Friday). I'm sharing my lessons learned in this blog entry. Click here. Before you look at it, I'd like to mention that Head First PMP helped me.

I went through four books: Mulcahy's, Heldman's, Crowe's, and Head First.

Mulchay's book just turned me off. angry.gif dry.gif I did not appreciate being talked down to by the self-proclaimed *itch goddess. Sure it contains some good content but: (1) her book is cluttered, (2) her tone is dismissive, and (3) the title was not edited professionally. You can pass the PMP without having to put up with her *rap.

Heldman's isn't bad. Both authors are women but while Mulcahy is the kind you'll wish you never met, Heldman is sweet and kindly in her tone.

Crowe was highly recommended and as I discovered, rightfully so. It has a companion website that was useful.

And then there's Head First PMP! Notwithstanding the fact that this is posted on their forum, I shall be the first to say that it was an effective learning book. The magnet exercises are useful. The "there are no dumb questions" columns contain insightful questions. And so forth. To be sure, I found that some parts of it were "corny." In my opinion, those parts did not contribute enough to justify their presence. Generally speaking however the title was well-written and well-edited.

To conclude: here's an example of a piece that I was finally able to understand that came exclusively from Head First. None of the other three books did that for me. The computation and reasoning explained in pages 252 to 254 finally helped me understand Free Float!

Head First, thank you!

QUOTE (hmenon @ Aug 9 2007, 05:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It would be great if certified PMP's could share their experiences in preparing and passing the PMP certification. I am starting this post linking the latest LL's available in this forum. Hopefully new PMP's would either post here or link their LL posts in this post.

#51 nmehta2001

nmehta2001

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 10:42 AM

I just came home from PMP test center this morning. I passed the PMP Exam and really feel great being PMP. As soon as I came out of the test center with 'Congratulation - you passed' form; I called my Wife; the first person in the world to know and thank her for her support for past seven months of hard work!

Then; I am here and wanted to thank Jennifer Green and Andrew Stellman for writing the excellent Head First PMP Book. (Sorry; I have tears in my eyes when thanking these two great authors!) I passed at the first attempt! Again; very very BIG THANK YOU!.

As previous logger mentioned; I started with Rita Mulcathy book; and 'What a waste of time!'. The promo of that book is 'Pass the exam first time....!'. If I had continued on on that book's path; I would have failed the exam. When I took her Super Exam last Saturday; it look like her entire book was in simulation exam. Too lengthy question and too lengthy answers to select. Please...! Please...! Stay with HearFirst book; HeadFirst Online Exam and PMBok. You do not need anything else!

Here is how I passed it:

1. (01) Studied PMBook - 4 times.
  2. (02) Studied HeadFirst - 4 Times.
  3. (03) Developed my own HTML pages to take notes from HeadFirst and PMBOK. So; that
  4. I could daily review the materials at the click of my mouse.
  5. (04) In past Four Days:

A. Took HeadFirst PMP 200 Exam from book.
B. Took Rita's Super Exam (What at waste? - It created lots of stress and felt like
what the person in previous blog entry is saying; 'Forced Marketing tool!'. It almost
turned me off and created lots of stress; just two days before the exam!)
C. Since; I did not do well with Rita's Super exam; I started taking HeadFirst 200 exam
online (Got 82%).
D. Then Reviewed HeadFirst book and skimmed thru with all 'Bold Text' and "There are no dumb Qestions" sections - It was fast.
E. Then last night, again; l took HeadFirst 100 questions; and 60 question this
morning (Woke up @5:00am). (Wanted Rita's Super Exam 'Flush out' of my brain;
before going to Test Center).
F. Took the PMP Exam (Honestly; Sat there for 4.5 hours without break!)
G. Clicked the 'End the Exam' button; and then in few seconds (That was the longest
time), screen appeared 'Congratulation!'

Again; Thank You Jennifer and Andrew for wonderful Book! The book will stay with me for the rest of my life!

Good Luck to the people who are now taking PMP Exam.

Here is my tip! :

Read HeadFirst, PMBOK, take HeadFirst chapters tests and online and practice; practice practice. Do not let anyone tell you (via book or in person); "If you have not done this; you will fail the exam!' As a matter of fact; Rita's book has entire chapter devoted to; 'How you will fail the exam?' vs 'How you will succeed the exam'. There is no where in the HeadFirst book; it is mentioned that 'if you do not know; you will fail the exam'.

Regards and Thank You!

#52 m_adams

m_adams

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 04:50 AM

I passed my PMP exam this morning, so here's my lessons learned. They might not work for you all, but I did find these sort of posts useful in my prep. Bit of background which puts it in to perspective, I've been a PM at one level or another for approx 8 years, am a Prince2 Practitioner and have previous to that self-studied for a number of technical exams from Cisco, Microsoft etc.

I started off with the Rita book as that seems to get the most recommendations. However, I didn't really enjoy it or "get it" and shelved it. I then had a look at the PMBOK, but it was really dry reading for someone coming in to it new.

I then bought the new Head First book and am glad I did. It was so accessible and user-friendly for wont of a better word. It allowed me to make excellent progress in good time and I went through the whole book doing all the exercises along the way and the final exam. I took notes as I went and used these to revise from once I'd finished.

While going through it, I started to refer to the PMBOK guide and in particular used it to cross-reference terms and particularly answers to exam questions I was getting wrong. I'd then make a note of these and add them to my revision notes.

I also bought the PM Prepcast podcast which is another product I can thoroughly recommend. Having them on the computer and iPod was a great way to do a bit of extra revision at different times (and locations) through the day without necessarily feeling like you were studying.

Once i'd gone through Head First, I started seeking out some of the exam questions online which have been mentioned already. I'd do questions and write down the answers & explanations to ones I'd got wrong. At this point I dug out the Rita book and did the end-of-chapter questions.

Some of the sample questions are harder or more complex than others and some introduce terms which are out with any of the above sources. But they all help to get your mind around the way PMI is wanting you to think and at this stage I was using the PMBOK more than ever, just for cross-referencing questions, terms, inputs, outputs etc.

As regards the inputs, outputs, tools & techniques, for me, the overall process came together quite late in the game. Figure 3.1 from the PMBOK guide is very useful and I actually drew it out on my scratch paper at the start of the exam today. Its a very useful tool to reference in the exam.

In the exam itself, I marked any questions i was unsure of or any involving formula calculations. That was a tip from someone else as working out some of the formulas can break your rhythm a bit. At the end I had approximately 15 questions to review. The exam summary is excellent as it has a nice table which says if questions have been marked and/or have been attempted which let me pick up on a couple I thought I'd selected an answer for but hadn't.

I finished in just under 2 hours and resisted the urge to go back over the whole exam as in my case, I would probably end up over-analysing things and changing correct answers. But 4 hours is a long time, so don't feel rushed. Even if you think of it as 50 questions per hour or less with a break every hour, you'll have more than enough time as many of the questions you should be able to answer quickly.

Harwinder's PMP site (http://www.deepfriedbrainpmp.com/) was a great resource too, both in terms of the articles he writes, but also the links to other resources. I particularly found his articles useful in the last couple of weeks of study as by that point you've (hopefully) learned the basics and the just serve to reinforce what you've learned.

As others have said, don't forget to review the code of ethics and conduct from the PMI website and know your formulas.

Thanks again to the Head First team, you made this much easier and enjoyable than it would otherwise have been!

Cheers,

Mike.

#53 ebaytets

ebaytets

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 05:51 PM

I took the exam on Friday 11/13 and voila ! I passed!!
Thanks to HeadsFirst for their simulation tests. It is one of the best.
Though I did PMP studies a few years ago, I never thought of taking the PMP test until three months ago.
Here are the steps I took to pass in the first attempt.
(1) Prepared all my work experiences and PMP studies and submitted to PMI for test application.
(2) Went thru the PMBOK 4th Edition guide first time.
(3) Went thru Rita Mulcahy's PM Fasttrack-6h edition book first time.
(3) Started to listen to Rita Mulcahy's HotTopics CD to get the terms stick to your head.
(4) Went thru Rita Mulcahy's PM Fasttrack-6h edition book along with PMBOK 4th Edition second time.
(5) Went thru PMBOK 4th Edition along with Rita's 6th Edition for the third time.
(6) Started to take 4hour tests in HeadsFirst and other sites available to get a score of above 70% every time.
(7) Went thru Rita Mulcahy's PM Fasttrack Exam simulation CD and scored 79% in SuperPMP - hour test.
(8) Passing simulated tests online gave me the "confidence" to go for the real test though the real test did not have a single same question I did with any of the simulated tests. That confidence is what you need to write the exam. Exam asks questions in real life project situations and you must be prepared. In the PMP test- I completed all 200 questions within the time limit and had just 5-minutes left to check my marked ones. Completed the five marked ones and there the screen went blank and came back with the "Congratulations you passed!" message.
(9) The sites I liked most for simulated tests are these:-
number one is ofcourse Headsfirst; #2 is http://www.pmsuccess...lated_Test.asp; and #3 is
http://www.techfaq36...mpmockexam.jsp; and #4 is http://www.pmstudy.com/enroll.asp#PMP; and #5 is http://www.pmeducate.....mple exam.swf
(10) I only studied 3 hours a day for three months continuosly and made sure I understood how we manage our projects.
Good Luck!!! It's not that hard if you prepapre well!!!!

#54 mppeji

mppeji

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 11:57 AM

studied for 2 weeks before the exam (used to cramming and works best for me). i used head first labs PMP book/sample exam and PMBOK only. I passed the exam last Nov 13, 2009...

some tips for your review
- focus on processes -- understand the sequence... head first lab test will help you understand the process sequence as applied in project scenarios...watch out for those choices that really sound right/practical...but if you go back to the basics, it does not follow the correct process sequence...

- focus on tools -- understand which process step utilize which tool/technique...

- read questions well...look for the tricky adjectives...ask questions like.... at what phase the project is in now? who has the authority to do such activity? has the project been completed or about to start? are all the data relevant to answer the question being asked? --- pay attention to the question being asked..sometimes the scenario details is overwhelming..but the question being asked is very straightforward...

-- always expect that there are at least 2 similar/good choices...one is good enough but one is better...therefore, its key to look for word or phrase that will make a difference

-- relax...you have 4 hours... i finished my exam in 3 hrs 50 minutes including questions marked for review... no harm to take a second look on your answers...

good luck to everyone smile.gif
M - Philippines

#55 Milind -a Project Manager

Milind -a Project Manager

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 03:51 AM

Dear Brian,
Thanks for sharing your LL. This is really helpful. Cheers,
MILIND

#56 DETM

DETM

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 09:40 AM

I took the exam yesterday and passed!!

Here's what my study plan consisted of:
(1) Took a PMP prep course thru my job.
(2) Read Rita Mulcahy's book based on 3rd edition.
(3) Went thru Rita Mulcahy's Fast Track simulation cd based on 3rd edition.
(4) Read PMBOK 4th edition.
(5) Memorized the PMBOK Process Chart (pg 43)
(6) Created flashcards of all ITTOs
(7) Although, was only able to memorize ITTOs for ~20 processes
(8) Took tons of practice tests. I took every 4th edition practice test on Oliver Lehmann site. Taking these tests were KEY to me passing. I read the explaination of all wrong answers and re-read that topic via the PMBOK. For me, the PMSTUDY practice exam was the closest to the real PMP exam.
(9) I studied for about 6 months as I didn't want to cram. So I studied for, at least, an hour a day during the weekdays. During the weekends, at least, 3 hours.
(10) During the PMP test- I completed all 200 questions within the time limit and had just 20-minutes left to check my marked ones.

Good Luck! If I can do it...you can too!

#57 GeorgeSmith

GeorgeSmith

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 04:16 PM

I passed the exam yesterday. Most helpful was Rita's PMP Exam Prep, Sixth Edition. If you are planning to take PMP i would recommend visiting http://www.pmpcertification.biz/ instead of asking people and searching for days to find the PMP exam requirment eligibility etc.

#58 akr1967

akr1967

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 01:29 AM

QUOTE (DETM @ Dec 29 2009, 09:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I took the exam yesterday and passed!!

Here's what my study plan consisted of:
(1) Took a PMP prep course thru my job.
(2) Read Rita Mulcahy's book based on 3rd edition.
(3) Went thru Rita Mulcahy's Fast Track simulation cd based on 3rd edition.
(4) Read PMBOK 4th edition.
(5) Memorized the PMBOK Process Chart (pg 43)
(6) Created flashcards of all ITTOs
(7) Although, was only able to memorize ITTOs for ~20 processes
(8) Took tons of practice tests. I took every 4th edition practice test on Oliver Lehmann site. Taking these tests were KEY to me passing. I read the explaination of all wrong answers and re-read that topic via the PMBOK. For me, the PMSTUDY practice exam was the closest to the real PMP exam.
(9) I studied for about 6 months as I didn't want to cram. So I studied for, at least, an hour a day during the weekdays. During the weekends, at least, 3 hours.
(10) During the PMP test- I completed all 200 questions within the time limit and had just 20-minutes left to check my marked ones.

Good Luck! If I can do it...you can too!

Congratualtion,

I will just my studying for the exam, do you still have ITTO flash cards so I can start memorizing it right away?
I will try to go on your studying schedule and let's see smile.gif

Regards,
Akram

#59 ChandraR

ChandraR

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 02:13 PM

Glad to inform that I passed the PMP exam to day. Here is my LL summary:

Initiated: 5 months back (Oct. 09)

Study Materials: PMP study guide by Joseph Phillips - 1 time

PMBOK 4 - 2 times

Great Forums participated/ followed religiously: PMZILLA.COM; PMHUB.NET; DEEPFRIEDBRAINPMP; OReily Head First PMP. These keep your learning process constant and stimulating with their articles, LL, tips, study material. I am thankful to these sites for their valuable resources that helped more than PMBOK4 and helped me get over the dryness of PMBOK and keep my focus on PMBOK4.

Free Mock up exams took: PMZIlla; PMStudy, Head FirstPMP; Lehmann 175Q; Simplilearn;TechFaq360. After taking 2 of these tests and scoring around 68%, I felt my preparation risky and to mitigate the risk I postponed the exam 1 time for another 3 weeks, went back to PMBOK and took the remaining in the above list and scored around 80% consistently and gave the exam to day and could clear it.

Day b4 exam: Revised ITTO; Went through Jim Owens's pdf files summary of each KA - easy to read and well presented

About exam: Not easy; Not too tough; Not wordy. Could not do as much as I hoped to do but enough to avoid re doing. Math related Qs- simple and straightforward- may be less than 10Qs. About 10Qs marked for revisiting at the end. I expected 25 q's beyond the boundaries of PMBOK4 but found just a couple. Some Qs redundant in nature - asking the same thing but just changing the numerical values-Disadvantage of randomizing? Advantage to us. Free Bees that bail us out!

Successfully closed this project: March 13, 2010

Chandra

#60 chaoman

chaoman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 08:30 AM

Sharing my lessons learned with all here.

I began putting together my credential October 2009 hoping that I could finish the exam preparation by end of December. That was just too optimistic, I failed to evaluate my PMP exam taking project with the three point estimate!!

Anyway, I finally obtained my PMP credential last Saturday 4/3/2010 after nearly 6 months of preparation. The materials that I used are listed below:

1. Headfirst (1st Edition) given by a PM friend - easy to read comparing to other heavy duty textbook-like books such as Rita & Sybex.

2. PMBOK 4th Edition - I didn't read it, but used it for references

3. Examine questions from Rita, Andy Crowe, Sybex, Headfirst, PMLearn, PMzilla.

4. Bought prep questions from Testking and Actualtest as well.

Basically, reading the HeadFirst Book gives you a foundation of PM knowledge but the questions were a bit easier comparing to other books and the actual questions.
Two weeks before I took the exams, I've decided to buy those prep questions hoping I could raise my average to 80 percent consistently before the actual exam. I had to push back the exam by 1 week because I wasn't quite confident about the result of my prep percentage from testking and other books.

Although my proficiency level on initiation, closing, and code of conduct are below moderate, I aced the planning, executing, procurement, and quality.

My tips to all PM prospects. The real exam are totally different than any of the questions that you see from other sources. At least they are not identical. However, the ideas are the same. I would suggest you to understand the rationale of the questions in preparation for question variances. I answer Ishikawa (cause and effect) for 3 questions, so I guess it's a must know. The exam that I took focused a lot on managing International or Multinational teams with different cultures. I guess it's the trend for today's PMs. Please pay attention to that. Regarding calculations, EAC, EMV, CPI, and SPI were there. I didn't face that many ITTOs, but obviously they were in the exam.

Good luck to you, I finally can put a comma PMP next to my name.

PS. Headfirst PMP is extremely useful and fun to read for those with limited time or don't like to read. I, a non-native English speaker, found it very pleasant to read comparing to other thick and non-graphical books. I highly recommend future PMs the Headfirst series if you are these types of readers. I am going to buy Headfirst AJAX so I will have something with me to read during my upcoming vacation.

Chao, PMP

Edited by chaoman, 05 April 2010 - 08:38 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users