O'Reilly Forums: Do you want to see a specific Head First book written? - O'Reilly Forums

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Do you want to see a specific Head First book written?

#121 User is offline   placeshifter 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:19 PM

Head First Web Product Management

Head First Django

#122 User is offline   leeand00 

• PipPip

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:38 PM

How about Head First Accounting?

There's an awful lot of software development applications which involve knowledge of accounting.

#123 User is offline   alim4 

• Pip

Posted 14 March 2012 - 04:58 AM

I love your books. I almost have them all.

I would really appreciate it if you could do a SharePoint book. For some reason it's structure baffles me and I can't get my head around it.

Thanks

#124 User is offline   Andy__46748 

• Pip

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:42 AM

I'm currently over half way through HF into HTML5 and I've learnt so much. great book!

I come from a C/C++ background so I'm planning on mastering JavaScript before I move on to any other books.

What I would like to see is a HF book on server-side technologies, web servers and services as its currently a huge gap in my knowledge. If not do you have any good recommendations?

#125 User is offline   Mr. Shageer 

• Pip
  • Interests:C# and SQL Server 2012

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:31 PM

Head First SQL Server 2012

#126 User is offline   Yohanrw 

• Pip

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:07 AM

I would like to see "Head First JavaCV".

There is no tutorial/documentation for the JavaCV, which is the Java wrapper for OpencCV. JavaCV is a very powerful technology to do lot of things including accessing web cam, face detection, face recognition and much more. Even JavaCV page at google code doesn't have Java based examples, they have Scala based examples.

Please write a 100% pure Java based book for JavaCV.

#127 User is offline   manfestor 

• Pip

Posted 31 July 2012 - 04:14 AM

Star PMO (Global R.E.P. ID 3430) provides project management training and consulting:
http://starpmo.com/p...ine-courses.php
Let us give you an overview of all the chapters of this Tutorial. In all, we have 14 chapters.
The current is the first chapter, which is an Introduction to the PMP certification.
Chapters 2, Named as Project Management Framework, aims to explain what Project and Project Management is all about. It also explains related terms like Program Management, Project Management Office etc. So, Chapter 2 can be considered as an introduction to the Project Management.
Next, Chapter 3 explains the five Project management Process Groups. Just to recap these process groups are Initiation, Planning, Executing, Monitoring and Controlling and Closing.
From Chapter 4 to Chapter 12, the 9 Project Management knowledge areas are explained. One chapter dedicated to each of these nine areas.
In addition to the 5 process groups and 9 knowledge areas, PMI gives a lot of weight age to professional and social responsibility. There are good amount of questions in PMP exam from this topic. So we have dedicated one chapter for this as well for Social responsibility.
The last chapter, i.e. chapter no 14, is generic in nature and therein we have explained few tips and tricks for the PMP exam. We suggest you to go through it once. It might be of great help.
Star PMO Online Training Advantages:
1) Program designed by world class project management practitioners from FT – 20 Business Schools.
2) 870+ Certified professionals till date from launch
3) 12+ Full length Mock PMP style exams (3200 Questions with less than 4% repetition)
4) Gain 35 PDU’s required to appear for PMP Exam
5) Unbeatable pricing internationally
6) World class online support for queries resolving
7) Star PMO copyrighted online material (E Book, reference Guides)
8) PMP Exam Preparation planner
9) Application filling Help Guide
10) High Quality online sessions covering all PMI – PMP Concepts (According to New PMBOK 4)

#128 User is offline   bali208 

• Pip

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:19 AM

When can we expect the release date of Head First - Java Server Faces.

JSF has been with us since 2004.

The specification is huge and we need a good reference book for it to learn it just like the Head First Series.

JSF 2.0 is into play right now with lots of changes (with JSP almost deprecated, use of XHTML, Dependency Injection of managed beans, annotations support, etc, etc) .

The need of the book increases as we have many vendors for JSF 2.0 like PrimeFaces, MyFaces, IceFaces, RichFaces, SpringFaces, etc etc etc.

If we do not have an idea what is JSF 2.0 we will be not able to catch up with the current component based specification like JSF.

I can find only 2 books on JSF 2.0 in the market even after 4 years of its release which is very disappointing. :(

I own 7 books of Head First Series and i really find it as a best way to learn any technology . A Big Fan of Head First I must say.

Can we expect a Head First Book on Java Server Faces soon ?
:rolleyes:

#129 User is offline   bali208 

• Pip

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:09 PM

Hello,
I am extremely sorry if people are finding my post very offensive, or presumptuous that the book is definitely going to come up.
There is actually a reason why i have written like that.

I had seen a reply to a post by Bert Bates that he is going to discuss on bringing up a book on JSF in "big Head First meeting", back in April 2007.
http://www.coderanch...F/java/Head-JSF
This was the reason why i was a bit presumptuous.

I know JSP is used more than JSF, What i was about to convey there was in JSF 2.0 famous blogs like mkyong, baluc say they have stopped using JSP for a application built on JSF. They say instead of .JSP pages .xhtml pages are used. I think deprecated is not the right word to be used . I can re-frame it as "JSP pages are not used in JSF 2.0 application". I am sorry for that.

Please excuse me if I had written anything wrong and I humbly apologize for my previous post.

Is there any news about the book and its release ?

#130 User is offline   Mtei 

• Pip

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:43 AM

Head First Play Framework (Play 2)

Play framework is a Java web framework similar to Django and Rails. It gains more and more popularity and it would be great if you publishead a Head First Play book

#131 User is offline   absolutezerok 

• Pip

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:04 PM

I think a head first scala book would be pretty awsome! it is a language that has hit the ground running, but there is a lack of good tutorials. A head first X86 Asembly (or x86-64) would be pretty cool. something else I would like to see is a few books on game development (maybe LWJGL since java is really what started this whole thing) considering most game programming books are dated.

This post has been edited by absolutezerok: 25 May 2013 - 08:04 PM

#132 User is offline   Alen Joy 

• Pip

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:52 PM

Why don't you publish a Head First Ember.js book ????????

#133 User is offline   lvlajestic 

• Pip

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:49 AM

I think everybody would like these:
1. An update to Head First Java(come on, it is so obsolete)
2. Head First Android (which is a negative sign for head first not to have it when the world is running on Android)
Besides I love Head First. Made my life easy. Thanks

#134 User is offline   PJgithub 

• Pip

Posted 04 April 2014 - 07:03 AM

seriously a head first algorithms and data structures should be made ASAP, it is so highly needed!!!
preferable one that would also include some relevant mathematics

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users