• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 rld777

rld777

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 06:43 PM

I just read an interesting article about outsourcing jobs and it talks about how women are 3.5% better than men at quality and delivery of projects, even though we are outnumbered in the tech industry. Pretty interesting stuff! cool.gif

#2 Tommy345

Tommy345

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 07:25 AM

I outsource a fairly large proportion of my work, and I'd never really considered if there was a difference between male and female workers.

The sentiment of the findings are echoed throughout society - traits such as cheating, panic, no attention to detail are more likely to be found in men from my experience, why this is I'm unsure.

#3 douglasdiner

douglasdiner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 08:40 PM

I can't argue with the numbers. I have outsourced to both men and women over the years and with me anyway, I did in fact have a little better luck with the women...when I take an average on the performance over the years...with the men compared to the women.

#4 riserpunk

riserpunk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 01:45 AM

Women seem to pay more attention to detail, although that is quite a generalization... in all it depends on who you work with really.

#5 Jenni42

Jenni42

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 12:57 AM

Hi there, I just want to add, that here in Germany the Online Marketing Companies have a lot female employees. In our company about 57% and I know a lot companies where are more women than man.

Jenni

#6 Guest_23.12.2012_*

Guest_23.12.2012_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 September 2009 - 08:03 AM

QUOTE (Michelle D @ Sep 6 2009, 12:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
women tend to complete the job neater, faster and better!

Sounds like The Powerpuff Girls to me smile.gif

Edited by 23.12.2012, 06 September 2009 - 08:04 AM.

#7 jesmin robert

jesmin robert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 01:17 AM

I feel that women give quality work but in case of quantity they are very far from the men .

#8 gmrbtw

gmrbtw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 02:21 PM

You have to look at it this way. Women have the patience to deal with and raise children. So, naturally they'd be able to apply that same patience to their work.

#9 gmrbtw

gmrbtw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 03:23 PM

QUOTE (AngelaE8654 @ May 3 2009, 08:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The women that I've hired for outsourcing jobs were good because they're patient and they keep on working until the job is done. They don't get flustered, they just work through the job. My old boss, a CPA whose wife was also a CPA, told me once that at tax time he'd start to get flustered and panic whereas his wife simply started at the beginning and worked her way through the large stack of tax work they had to get done. Kind of like my outsourcers. smile.gif

Angela, I know your work and now that I know that women are behind it, it makes perfect sense how you are achieving and have a reputation for such quality work.

#10 jjoseph56

jjoseph56

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 12:14 PM

Outsourcing jobs it's a great option

#11 soulgeek1

soulgeek1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 04:15 AM

QUOTE (Michelle D @ Sep 6 2009, 12:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree with the agree, women are generally more patient than men, and women tend to complete the job neater, faster and better!

Fact is, women are very strong at heart, but at the same time their IQ is lower then Men.
This may be a reason for a women to be Impatient.

#12 patriciht8

patriciht8

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:I have been using PCs and notebooks, for sometime now. My fav is of course the notebook as it is very mobile, keeping in line with my Bohemian lifestyle. It was actually a friend who got me started in computers, otherwise I was pretty much the old fashioned pen-and-paper gal, so to speak! Getting good quality softwares and utilities for PC security is not an easy task, as I have lately discovered. There are more bad stuff than good, and I have made it a mission of my life to make people aware of both!<br /><br />While MS Windows remains my favorite platform for Desktop-based PCs, as well as notebooks, it is Linux that I prefer when it comes to web servers. Linux is not only free and open source but also very robust! In fact, it has an equally robust and active community of developers behind it!<br /><br />Thank you.

Posted 15 October 2009 - 04:45 PM

QUOTE (douglasdiner @ May 19 2009, 08:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can't argue with the numbers. I have outsourced to both men and women over the years and with me anyway, I did in fact have a little better luck with the women...when I take an average on the performance over the years...with the men compared to the women.

Yeah, even I hire both men and women outsourcers and I have fairly satisfactory experience with both genders. But now that I read your post, I do agree that women are usually a bit more dedicated and patient than their male counterparts! wink.gif

#13 patriciht8

patriciht8

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:I have been using PCs and notebooks, for sometime now. My fav is of course the notebook as it is very mobile, keeping in line with my Bohemian lifestyle. It was actually a friend who got me started in computers, otherwise I was pretty much the old fashioned pen-and-paper gal, so to speak! Getting good quality softwares and utilities for PC security is not an easy task, as I have lately discovered. There are more bad stuff than good, and I have made it a mission of my life to make people aware of both!<br /><br />While MS Windows remains my favorite platform for Desktop-based PCs, as well as notebooks, it is Linux that I prefer when it comes to web servers. Linux is not only free and open source but also very robust! In fact, it has an equally robust and active community of developers behind it!<br /><br />Thank you.

Posted 15 October 2009 - 04:50 PM

QUOTE (gmrbtw @ Sep 14 2009, 02:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You have to look at it this way. Women have the patience to deal with and raise children. So, naturally they'd be able to apply that same patience to their work.

Yeah. In fact, till today I could not understand why women are called "weaker sex", when it is men who actually deserve that term! wink.gif

Now, this topic certainly makes me feel proud of my gender! laugh.gif

#14 Guest_AbbieOnline_*

Guest_AbbieOnline_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 October 2009 - 11:24 AM

I definitely agree. In my experience, I've had much better luck with women for new positions. It really depends, some women don't take to the job at all while others excel. I find there's a lot less grey area (where most men seem to sit) lol

#15 rb1925

rb1925

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 03:39 PM

The people I use for outsourcing are generally good and keep working until a job is complete.

#16 TommysJewelry

TommysJewelry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 12:09 PM

it's impossible. all my workers are men and all their works i get in time and all well done. but thnx for the link to the article...may be i need to take to my command women? smile.gif

#17 marthagfy75

marthagfy75

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:I started my career by writing for a number of print magazines. One day a friend introduced me to the world of online writing and strangely enough, I found myself pretty engrossed in it within the span of just a few weeks! Soon I resigned from my print magazine writing job because I loved the flexibility of writing for the web: I could write whenever I want. More importantly, I didn't have to venture out of home and the pay I received was far better than what they used to pay me offline.<br /><br />Recently I have also started building a number of helpful sites on different topics, such as health, fitness, etc. Health and fitness has always been a subject of my interest, and my aim is to turn this passion into something useful so that others could benefit from my knowledge and experience! <br /><br />I have also worked briefly as a HR executive of a local company<br />

Posted 28 October 2009 - 09:42 AM

QUOTE (christine aldous @ Oct 18 2009, 08:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So women don't get bored also. Why not?

Hi Christine,

That is because they are more patient than men. In a typical corporate office, you would see that more often than not it is the male workers who flare up, while women tend to handle the issues at hand as patiently as possible. It is "all in the genes", as they say! In fact, I have seen fewer women with volatile tempers compared to men.

#18 keenstyle1

keenstyle1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 08:42 PM

QUOTE (DippyBlonder @ Sep 12 2009, 06:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's on average of course. This will be some men better than women... admittedly not many lol!

Women seen to pay greater attention to detail if there is not too many of them in the same environment for too long, then they start getting catty with each other, ganging up ect.

#19 keenstyle1

keenstyle1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 08:45 PM

I don't see women outnumbered, depends what industry you are in

#20 redfacedconservative

redfacedconservative

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 08:31 PM

Thanks for the article - very interesting. tongue.gif

I agree with the admonition expressed by some to seek out the occasional outsourcing. The previous statements provide great information on how you can use outsourcing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users